Driver yips!

gileskellett

Visit site
Hi guys,

First post from me on here.

Long story of the yips, from a solid 5 hc as a lefty I've now managed to struggle to playing right handed to almost the same level. Fortunate that I can "play both ways" but I am a lefty at heart.

The worst yip I have believe it or not is with my driver! Imagine a 115 MPH clubhead speed yip!

One thing I've found helps is to hit the driver off the deck... any ideas why this could help? How can a tee baffle me?!

I'm right handed at the moment but really want to get back to left.

Cheers,

Giles

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
a video might help understand what's going on - for you as much as us!

yips is a generalisation for a lack of control over the bodies actions; again generally this is either driven from extensive use of small muscles rather than a reliance on a few major muscle groups or an inner battle between the concious and subconcious mental forces - this latter most often seen in those with an indepth understanding of what they are trying to do, and how.

you have 2 choices - both need good professionals, either a physcologist or the golf pro.

if you haven't arranged video to add facts to your (inevitable) mental picture of what you think you are doing, you really should.