Driver Test!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Afternoon all

We have been trialing some new content delivery software and we think it's rather nifty

The format optimises for mobile tablet and desktop, mac or pc.

For those of you who have the latest issue this is a snazzy version of our big driver test that you've probably read

For non mag folk this is a showcase and test of every major driver you can buy at the moment

http://gamma.turtl.co/flipbook/55080af5b0c34d0b00d7af3b

Please share it with your friends via social and email (so easy via the share buttons) and let us know what you think

cheers
Mike

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mike - looks great. I'd read the "standard" version on tablet when it came out, but the video additions and ease of reading are excellent.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks very good

With my infractions it's the only driver I will test :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nice.
Might just be me and my tablet (Hudl) but the text was a bit small and I couldn't find a way of increasing it - legible, but only just.
Otherwise - sweet!!

D

Deleted member 1147

Hi Mike,
It's a very good read and well presented, and I'm sure the feedback you want is about format etc, but I have one question:

Why do golf magazines insist on showing us the sole of a driver, or the back of an iron, when this isn't the view of a club that we have when we play?
Personally I don't look at the sole of a driver and think it looks nice and may want to buy it as a result, perhaps I do with a nice view of a bladed iron but not with a cavity back.

Surely a players eye view would make more sense.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Hi Mike,
It's a very good read and well presented, and I'm sure the feedback you want is about format etc, but I have one question:

Why do golf magazines insist on showing us the sole of a driver, or the back of an iron, when this isn't the view of a club that we have when we play?
Personally I don't look at the sole of a driver and think it looks nice and may want to buy it as a result, perhaps I do with a nice view of a bladed iron but not with a cavity back.

Liked the feature but agree with the presentation pics, there are some dam ugly drivers out there just now (with Nike, Ping & TM filling the ugly award winners)

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Mike,

good question - the shots the brands supply (which we use most of the time otherwise we'd end up spending 10s of thousands photographing everything originally) tend to be sole of metalwoods putters and cavity/backs of irons as shows most of the technology and also the brand name and and graphics which is the thing you'll see when you go into any pro shop or retailer

we try to show address shots in the videos we do shoot this angle for the products that are featured in the the 'tested' pages of the magazine

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Nice.
Might just be me and my tablet (Hudl) but the text was a bit small and I couldn't find a way of increasing it - legible, but only just.
Otherwise - sweet!!
can you send me a screenshot Ian - be interested to see how small - in our testing on iPad its all looks fine. This is very new software so we are finding glitches and useful to feedback

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Nice but personally prefer the right to left page flicking rather than up and down!

Still good though 
hi matt - assume you are looking on mobile? it is left to right on tablet and mobile to navigate chapters