Driver swing

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'm struggling a bit fellas!

Played early Sunday evening and was driving quite well. A few sliced tee shots but on the whole quite good.

Went up tonight for a solo knock. What a difference! Sliced a couple of tee shots then started messing about with my swing.
I usually aim to take the club away in one piece, ie club, arms and shoulder turn together on a lower plane to my iron shots. I then try to start my downswing from the ground up following through fairly high with my arms and clubhead because I find it does tend to eliminate my slice most times. It didn't happen tonight. I have recently been kepping my head down so's my left shoulder hits my chin on the backswing thus cutting down on overswinging and maintaining control.
Does this sound about right for a driver swing? Sorry, I don't have a swing video but hope you get my drift. :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Basher, there seems alot going on there.
On your backswing, you think about a one piece takeaway on a low plane, keep the head down and stop when your shoulder reaches your chin to prevent overswing. Then start the downswing from the legs up finishing with high hands.
It's all good stuff but I fear there's just too much thinking going on.
I would suggest you keep the swing thoughts during the swing to a minimum.
If a slice is your problem, I would suggest you focus on where the clubface is at impact. NOTHING ELSE
HTH :)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Thanks for the reply Bob. ;)

You definitely have a point there. Sometimes I address the ball on the tee box and my head is crammed full of swing thoughts such as;

low and slow, shorter backswing, flat left wrist, keep it on plane, turn the shoulders, keep the head down and no swaying......... and that's just on the backswing!!! :eek:

I like the idea of the one thought..... club face at impact. But, how do I get the other thoughts out of my head? Maybe say over and over to myself "club face square at impact?"