Driver Swing Today

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not been any swing vids up for a while and it's been a couple of years since I posted one so see what you think of this.

Must admit it's not the thing of beauty I see in my mind's eye! :D

I've always been a bit on the flat side and in this one I didn't quite complete my backswing nor turn through as fully as I might. I also wonder if I'm casting a bit?

But, for all that, it was a solid hit - good trajectory with a slight draw and carried around 200 yards with plenty of run out so effective enough.

[video]http://vid1292.photobucket.com/albums/b561/KazFerg/Golf%20Swing/20160326/IMG_0671_zpslv0gr2do.mp4[/video]

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm very much an untrained eye but it did seem a bit "jerky" if that's a word but as you say that might be more to do with a shorter backswing - it looked like a solid hit and good finish. Seemed like a "punch" driver

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm very much an untrained eye but it did seem a bit "jerky" if that's a word but as you say that might be more to do with a shorter backswing - it looked like a solid hit and good finish. Seemed like a "punch" driver

Indeed, I tend to be very quick on the backswing and transition. Just get quicker and shorter when I'm playing badly as well... I'm working on it lol!

D

Deleted member 15344

Indeed, I tend to be very quick on the backswing and transition. Just get quicker and shorter when I'm playing badly as well... I'm working on it lol!

You seem to recover it well through the swing to finish it off nicely and get the club head square on impact - still getting the ball out there well

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems a bit of a 'slappy sweep' rather than the elegant 'swing' I expected - and indeed pretty quick tempo.

But obviously pretty effective!

Great shoulder turn but not much hip turn (Jim McLean would say that was a positive though!). Feet seem a bit wide apart and I'd say a fair amount of the oomph is generated via that left heel raise and drop! Pretty much perfect balance and finish!

Don't change it just because it doesn't look as elegant as Schwartzel's or Oosthuizen's!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Not been any swing vids up for a while and it's been a couple of years since I posted one so see what you think of this.

Must admit it's not the thing of beauty I see in my mind's eye! :D

I've always been a bit on the flat side and in this one I didn't quite complete my backswing nor turn through as fully as I might. I also wonder if I'm casting a bit?

But, for all that, it was a solid hit - good trajectory with a slight draw and carried around 200 yards with plenty of run out so effective enough.

[video]http://vid1292.photobucket.com/albums/b561/KazFerg/Golf%20Swing/20160326/IMG_0671_zpslv0gr2do.mp4[/video]

Dont look too hard at something that works well :thup:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Fairly decent one plane swing. Might just be camera angle but your set up looks closed. Also nothing wrong with a quick transition.