Driver rattle question

Visit site
My driver has recently developed a rattle and sounds like there is something loose in the shaft that will roll from one end to the other when you pull it from the bag and put the head down.

I'm assuming it's just a loose piece of glue from the hosel or should I be more worried?

It's more annoying than anything at the moment

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A guy I was with today noticed a rattle on his driver on the 1st tee. Turns out the back weight had become loose. A few turns off the ratchet sorted it. Might be worth checking if that is the issue, it's an easy one to check and resolve.

RichA

Visit site
Slice the top of the grip with a Stanley knife - you might be able to get the offending object through it. It could just be a bit of dried up old grip tape where the excess is folded into the butt of the shaft.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lad I play with had this in his driver at the weekend, sure he said it was the swing weight in the shaft that had come loose. Pro sorted it out for him.
Metal swing weights generally have shoulders to stop them from going down the shaft.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Took it to the pro today who took the grip off and a lovely bit of epoxy came rolling out of the end of the shaft. New grip back on and all done in no time.

Good news

My own driver rattle was in the head and started on warm up before comp. Wouldn't you know I didn't have the tool with me and a borrowed TM one doesn't fit Cobra
Called my wife to bring the one from home & she drove to the course and one of the staff brought it out to the 14th tee for me (shotgun start), unscrewed and glue spot fell out, reassemble and away we go