Driver Posture (pics included for your perusal)

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks to the Craw's excellent photography, I've now got a couple of photos of my driver address position.
[image]
035.jpg
[/image]
Photo 1

[image]
045-1.jpg
[/image]
Photo2

I've been tinkering a wee bit and just wondered what my fellow forum friends thought was the better set up.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The second picture looks a touch better.
The first one you are reaching a bit for the ball and your feet are pointing well right. Although your shoulders and hips look straight.
The second looks more comfortable feet still a bit right but hips and shoulders still straight.

Course looks a bit of a dump though :D ;)

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thanks Bob, do you think the feet aiming right could cause the occasional big pull hook ( my bad shot)?
Normal shot is pretty straight or very slight fade.

T

thecraw

As I said Iain, I thought that you hit the ball extremely well yesterday.

Your overall game was solid and it was the best that I've seen you play. Yip your feet are going slightly right so I wouldn't be looking for drastic changes.

Try placing a club down for alignment and take a wee bit more care over your alignment. I need to watch my alignment too or like you I creep to the right.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'd say pretty neutral Bob. I've had a couple of lessons recently and the pro seemed happy with my grip. Although if there is trouble on the right hand side I do tend to strengthen my grip a tad and toe the club in.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As I said Iain, I thought that you hit the ball extremely well yesterday.

Your overall game was solid and it was the best that I've seen you play. Yip your feet are going slightly right so I wouldn't be looking for drastic changes.

Try placing a club down for alignment and take a wee bit more care over your alignment. I need to watch my alignment too or like you I creep to the right.

Thanks Crawford. I'll need to get to the range and try and sort the old alignment out.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I advise caution.
If you aim your feet straighter, that will point your shoulders left which will worsen your pullhook :(

If your grip is ok, then take care not to rush your transition into the downswing.

T

thecraw

Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae. Have a goosey gander at the report in the lounge section. There are many more photos.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
tee times booked at the dunskey in portpatrick in september for the wife's birthday, cant wait - just praying for a total absence of wind that day!!!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The second picture by a mile. Forgetting alignment for a mo (although thats more important than what I am about to say) hands hang better (closer to body) in the second picture which should help you feel more connected.

Were these taken during the Scottish open? I cant believe the amount of casual water on your course! Doesnt drain very well does it!

Matt

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The second picture by a mile. Forgetting alignment for a mo (although thats more important than what I am about to say) hands hang better (closer to body) in the second picture which should help you feel more connected.

Were these taken during the Scottish open? I cant believe the amount of casual water on your course! Doesnt drain very well does it!

Matt

For me, I would say 40% first pic with 60% second pic for posture, with hands position from the second pic. :D

It maybe the pic angle, but your grip indicates either an open right hand and/or club in the palms and not fingers. The reason I say that is that I can't see the butt of the club very well - masked by right hand, usually indicating one of the above.

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
Second picture is far better stance, your more upright which will help shoulder turn, looks like a great start position.

No excuse for the Blue bodywarmer though, the John Daly Worst Dressed Medal is in the post haha.

Good job on the stance change, its the basis for any golf swing so needs alot of work to get your body and muscles into a new 'default' position at address.

Regards

SG86