Driver or irons?

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought I could afford both, but looks like a choice between them, need extra distance as fairly short with both, wot would you choose ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Irons. Will last you years. As others say you will use them more

Driver you will hit say on average 14 times a round

Irons you will most likely use on most holes

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You asking this question has nicely answered one I had in my head for a while, iron's first just does seem to make the most sense.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What do you currently have? Would give an idea of best value for money upgrade.

Have you considered second hand? Two years old would be half (at least) current new prices, then you could get both.

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What do you currently have? Would give an idea of best value for money upgrade.

Have you considered second hand? Two years old would be half (at least) current new prices, then you could get both.
Not a bad idea Driver wise, irons I like new 😁 Got the S55 Ping, new pro at our place said their not very good for distance unless your Bubba.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Not a bad idea Driver wise, irons I like new 😁 Got the S55 Ping, new pro at our place said their not very good for distance unless your Bubba.

We all like new.
But if budget doesn’t allow it then what can you do.
2yr old irons that haven’t been abused should look pretty good.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I buy almost exclusively 2nd hand. You can get Some real steals on eBay and the amount of used items I’ve bought that are immaculate is very high.

If you know generally what your specs are then you can’t go wrong.

I just need to stop staring lovingly at an immaculate set of Mizuno Mp-5’s on eBay that are silly cheap.

If you could buy them before do that would be a big help, as they have no buisness being in my bag...

Only exception to the above is wedges. I’ll try and buy new more often than not.