Driver Grip

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thinking of changing my driver grip for awhile now...I have a Taylormade Burner Superfast driver which I love.

I am assuming the grip on it is the 'standard' TM grip.....It seems thinner than previous grips I have had with other drivers(is that bad or good??).It doesn't look as good/attractive as previous grips too.

My main 'problem' with it is in wetter weather,even with 'wet' gloves on when the grip is damp I don't seem to have the same control/feel/confidence factor.

I am looking for any recommendations as a replacement people can give me.....also the type of grip I should go for...e.g is multi cord a thicker grip with better control in the wet?

Cheers

Kev

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got the Golfpride multi compound grips and i cant fault them, still plenty of grip in all weather and you can get them in fancy colours as well.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Wet weather gloves are brilliant... but you have to have the correct ones... and they come in PAIRS so you should have one on each hand, the multi purpose wet weather gloves are rubbish.

If you're not happy with your grip size - change it. But can't recommend a grip that's brilliant in the rain, it's the gloves.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played in so,e real heavy rain over the winter of 2012/2013, mac wets teamed with tour velvet grips are a hard combo to beat.

A friend of mine has these and swears by them, think i may have to invest in some this winter even though i hate wearing 2 gloves.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wet weather gloves are brilliant... but you have to have the correct ones... and they come in PAIRS so you should have one on each hand, the multi purpose wet weather gloves are rubbish.

If you're not happy with your grip size - change it. But can't recommend a grip that's brilliant in the rain, it's the gloves.

My wet weather gloves come as a PAIR....they are Glenmuir 'wets'.....I was happy with them at first....but lately ive noticed when too wet they are not as good.I am happy with all my grips bar my driver.....The TM grip seems thinner than the others......

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My wet weather gloves come as a PAIR....they are Glenmuir 'wets'.....I was happy with them at first....but lately ive noticed when too wet they are not as good.I am happy with all my grips bar my driver.....The TM grip seems thinner than the others......

Maybe I need to switch to Mac Wet gloves then......and a new driver grip.

Macwets are Glenmuir.

I've not found that they don't grip as well when they get very wet, but if they get so bad that they are dripping I squeeze my hands together to wring out the excess.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Another fan of MacWets!

TM Driver grips tend to be very light - to keep overall weight down.

Pick a 'favourite' style like those you feel best with in irons or wedges and go with that. I'm a fan of half cord ones.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only my driver grip seems to give me a problem,mainly in the wet.I have TM woods and rescue club grips that I don't 'feel' a problem with.
Agree with what your saying about the lightness of TM grips.

Anyway I got my grip changed today at my golf club off the bloke who runs his workshop there.He does Egigo grips,went for the Evolution Rubber and Chord mix.Just looking at the grip it looks that bit 'heavier' than the TM grip...but is the 'feel' that will matter to me especially in the wet.
Will get its first airing on Saturday.
Cheers for your inputs and thoughts gents.

Kev

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have TM clubs, including a Burner Superfast driver.
The first thing I did after playing in the rain was BIN THE GRIP!
It was like wrestling with an eel, it's an awful, skinny grip ....................... bin it & put on a GolfPride Multi-Compound.
The second thing I did was buy a pair of MacWets, but I've not played in the rain since!

Slime.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And while you're doing that I'll be back in the Clubhouse..!!

I don't like the thought of going out to play in the rain, and don't like it when it starts and you're trying to keep everything dry.

Once I'm in it and accept the fact that stuff is getting wet and just put the wet gloves on, I actually quite like it if there's not much wind. I find it very peaceful and relaxing.