Driver fitting North West

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I'm looking at having a driver fitting. My current driver is about 10 years old so I'm hopeful there is some gains to be made.

Has anyone any recommendations in the North West area. Unfortunately Tour X isn't an option as they don't do credit.

Scottsdale, Lytham & Clarke's are the ones I was thinking of
But I'm not sure what balls you get to use at Lytham and Clarkes

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
All good places but if you go and see Dan Webster at lytham golf academy you will be in very good hands. Just proper unbiased advice.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lads at Clubhouse in either Salford or Warrington are brilliant.

I had a fitting at Scottsdale recently and it was not the best experience unfortunately.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lads at Clubhouse in either Salford or Warrington are brilliant.

I had a fitting at Scottsdale recently and it was not the best experience unfortunately.
Did you go to Scottsdales same day build place in Warrington or the shop in sale? I found the guy a bit disinterested when I went. It was a couple of years ago mind. Still, I’ve not been back since.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Did you go to Scottsdales same day build place in Warrington or the shop in sale? I found the guy a bit disinterested when I went. It was a couple of years ago mind. Still, I’ve not been back since.
Which one did you got to?

I was thinking of going to the one in Manchester tomorrow afternoon.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry mate. Saw this in passing when busy, then clean forgot to reply.

It was the Warrington place.

Went in open minded to try all makes and models to replace my PXG gen 2. That thing had been a loyal sidekick for maybe 3 years but I had a few quid going spare and wanted To get fit, as never bothered to get fitted for a driver.

Anyways. I am hitting everything utterly cak. Loads of toe strikes and weak shots.

Explain to the lad that this is not ideal for fitting purposes.

Keep blowing through different clubs and despite My inability to hit a ball, the stealth, tsr2 and tsr3 are coping better than the PXG and are A bit straighter and 10-15 yards further.

Hone in on the shaft and we go straight into the ventus velicore and graphite Design range.

These both feel nicer than my (then) current HZRDUS yellow. But still I am having a mare middle’ing the strike and am Kind of dejected tbh.

Finish the session and the Lad starts waxing lyrical about how the TSR3 is whooping the PXG etc. giving it the big tech jargon sales Pitch tbh.

To be fair it was marginally better, felt very nice and coped Better with the toe strikes.

Thing is though, I repeatedly told the lad my bad hit is always a low heal strike and that Today was out of the ordinary.

He carries on telling me all about how the TSR3 coped better etc but I was doubtful.

Anyway. He then starts pricing up the head with a Tour AD DI shaft, same day build and a shaft pureing.

I know a bit about the basics of puring a shaft, but ask him about shaft puring in this instance. More because I am interested to see what voodoo comes out his gob. He tells me it’s essential etc and that Without it it won’t be the same club as I’ve just tested…

Now this is when I started to get silently annoyed.

The club I just tested was put in a number of different lofts via the club sleeve adapter and therefore would not have been pure aligned for the shots I had just taken.

Despite the fairly hard sell I bawked at the total cost of nearly £800 all In. Told the lad I can’t see the value in that and at This point he lost interest in the convo and started Chatting to his mate in the fitting centre. 😂😂

I thanked him for his time and went home.

You hear a lot of good things about good fitters who refuse to sell a punter a club when they are not swinging it well.

Unfortunately, based on my experience the specific person I met at clubhouse was not from the same school of thought.

I genuinely believe he would’ve sold me that club with a clear conscience despite me swinging it like an axe murderer.

Shame really but I won’t be back in a rush.