Drills for Flat Golf Swing?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Kuchar has a one plane swing ie he swings it back on the same plane he will swing down on, as opposed to the other picture who's plane is higher at the top but will drop down below that on the downswing.

H'mm.
I'm pretty sure that (according to Jim Hardy, the 'inventor' of the concept of 1 and 2 plane swings) it's the relationship of arms and shoulders at the top of the backswing that defines whether they are 1 or 2 planers. - and up to 12* above shoulder plane is apparently still a 1 plane - and not the plane of the swing itself. Heres's a good explanation of the differences (and promotion of another 'method'!).

Weirdly flat, but effective, is my best description of Kuchar's swing!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
hitting some half decent drawing drives with a flat swing. i used to swing very flat with every club til i seen my swing on video two years ago.

bombed one down the first today at strabane, 52 wedge, 1 putt = birdie :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been taught the Jim Hardy one plane swing since Christmas and that has a flat back swing. Ir's changed my game and I'm hitting it way better. Not always taught everywhere (more so than S&T) and so if you already have that flat style in your game rather than re-inventing the wheel it may be easier to embrace what you have

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;m7dOThIKPWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7dOThIKPWk[/video]

didnt stop ricky. im going back to it. need some range time!