driest course East Dunbartonshire

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After wet Summer i am wondering what course/s you would consider to have the best drainage in this area.

I know most courses are wet right now, but some of the courses around here are total quagmires and there must somewhere around here that can take some water

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After wet Summer i am wondering what course/s you would consider to have the best drainage in this area.

I know most courses are wet right now, but some of the courses around here are total quagmires and there must somewhere around here that can take some water

I can't suggest any course inland but why not head to the coast to a Links?

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't suggest any course inland but why not head to the coast to a Links?

Had thought about it, but im a miserable so and so and i don't want to pay more for golf on top of membership. Plus 1hr travel both ways is a pain.

I might well be hoping for too much to find a course up here thats semi playable in the winter!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I gave up inland golf a few years ago due to exactly the same issues you are having. Just not value for money. Yes I now have to travel 25/30 minutes to Irvine and back but the benefits and joy of playing all year round without sodden fairways, mats, mud, winter greens, forward tees etc far far outweighs the added travel.

Can't think of any that will be drier than any other.