Draw Drivers

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hello. Quick question, do draw drivers actually work?. I take it the only difference between a normal driver and a draw driver is the club face is more closed and has additional weighting in the back of the driver?. With the release of adjustable drivers are draw drivers on the way out?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No they dont work. closing the clubface will only act to send the ball further out left for its initial flight, it will still bend as before if the swingpath cuts across the ball.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got a Callaway one & it definitely makes a difference, the face is exactly the same as the normal one (ie not closed) but they have fiddled around with the weights inside the head. If you slice it badly it won't help that much though

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was wondering this too as looking at the callaway ft-9 and many have the draw rather than neutral, I sometimes do have a wild slice to a fade would the draw head help or should I hold out for the neutral?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was wondering this too as looking at the callaway ft-9 and many have the draw rather than neutral, I sometimes do have a wild slice to a fade would the draw head help or should I hold out for the neutral?

If you can use a stiff shaft I have an FT-9 11 degree draw that I would happily let you take out to see if it works for you (may even be happy to sell it to you if it works).

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers, I'm going to ecs golf at uppingham some point next week to hit a few on their launch monitor, I think I'm more a regular shaft but you never know!! I'll keep you posted and thanks again.