Dozy playing partner! (but we love him in case he reads this!)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
One of our gang is very intelligent, but famously capable of senior moments....

On Saturday it was a Greensomes comp. I was partnering him... he went into the shop, paid the entry fee, filled in the card, swapped it on the first tee with other pair and off we went. Playing nicely, we arrived on the 10th tee when one of the other pair to comment "I've got you 19?"

I've no idea, says my mate, Ian is scoring. "No I am not..... you are!" No, he insists, before a forage in his pockets finds the other pair's card. But he had scored the first....then stopped! No idea why, and neither did he.

Another of his famous ones was talking the wrong route to the tee on a shotgun start, arriving late and not playing the first hole. He's only been a member 20 years!

But as far as I know, he's never been DQ'd for not having a bag!! (see other thread)

I am sure you have similar tales.....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of our gang is very intelligent, but famously capable of senior moments....

On Saturday it was a Greensomes comp. I was partnering him... he went into the shop, paid the entry fee, filled in the card, swapped it on the first tee with other pair and off we went. Playing nicely, we arrived on the 10th tee when one of the other pair to comment "I've got you 19?"

I've no idea, says my mate, Ian is scoring. "No I am not..... you are!" No, he insists, before a forage in his pockets finds the other pair's card. But he had scored the first....then stopped! No idea why, and neither did he.

Another of his famous ones was talking the wrong route to the tee on a shotgun start, arriving late and not playing the first hole. He's only been a member 20 years!

But as far as I know, he's never been DQ'd for not having a bag!! (see other thread)

Shot gun starts are notorious for scores being marked wrongly, the older you get :eek:, i thought you were doing marking, is the reply .:whistle:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
[snip]
A couple of years back I was playing a medal in a three ball.
After about 12 holes, one of our group said to me "why do you keep telling me your score?"
"Because you've got my card" came the reply.
"Oh, have I? Oops"

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Mate of mine marked all my scores for the first eleven holes, even though he was marking another playing partners card. I assumed when he kept asking me my score on each hole he was just being friendly.:cool:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Shot gun starts are notorious for scores being marked wrongly, the older you get :eek:, i thought you were doing marking, is the reply .:whistle:

I did that at Tandridge on the H4H day after posting on here that some wally would no doubt mark the card from the first rather than the hole they started on :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: