Down swing drills

TigerBear

Visit site
Loads of instructional videos out there that you could get lost in for an age.

When I start to swing poorly I find that I come over the top with my down swing and it's either a bullet straight pull or snap hook... disgusting.

Any go to drills that people find work and keeps it simple?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

When I start to swing poorly I find that I come over the top with my down swing and it's either a bullet straight pull or snap hook... disgusting.

I found this one very useful. Have improved my ball striking with this drill.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

You've just described my bad shot. I concentrate on swinging down along the backswing path & avoiding the tendency to start the downswing by throwing the right shoulder outwards. I find that I need to concentrate on clearing the left side too, otherwise a hook or pull can result.

TigerBear

Visit site
When you say it's a pull, does it finish.....
left half of the fairway
left semi rough
left trees
OOB
The last 3 :ROFLMAO:

You've just described my bad shot. I concentrate on swinging down along the backswing path & avoiding the tendency to start the downswing by throwing the right shoulder outwards. I find that I need to concentrate on clearing the left side too, otherwise a hook or pull can result.

It's great isn't it! I find it more punishing than a slice, it doesn't lose distance like a slice, or rarely. I try to concentrate on rotating my hips and starting the swing with my hips but once I've hit one it seems to be infectious and continues.

I need a drill so it resets me.