Down Memory Lane

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What clubs have you played your best golf with ?

Me
McGregor Plastic head driver [1967/69 then it broke:cry:]
Hogan 3 and 4 woods [1976/1984]
Maxfli Ausie Blades [1973/1986]
Billy Casper mallet putter 1974/2001

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
In all honestly, those I am hitting now. Although none of them are new now. They are anything between 5 and 15 years old.
Maybe the driver I liked the most was a Hippo Hex 2 (made illegal due to the shape of the head) with an Aldila NVS shaft. That thing could really hit a good distance.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Current set up has got me to 8.0, so you'd have to argue the existing clubs. Certainly the Ping G425 SFT and the Scotty Cameron Phantom 8 are the best driver and putter I've ever had.
That said:
the Callaway Steelhead Plus II was easily the best 3 wood I've had.
Best irons were the Mizuno MX-20 irons. Just lovely to hit.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Same as others, my index is as low as its been and I shot PB 4 months ago, so it has to be the clubs currently in the bag (mostly Mizuno)

memory lane has a lot of crap clubs and worse shot execution (I'm happy for it to stay in the forgotten past)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My best golf was about two years ago I reckon. The driver and woods were the same as I still have now. The irons were Steelhead XRs that were getting on a bit and I replaced them shortly afterwards with the current bats. Evnroll ER3 was only a year old at that time and the magic fairy dust hadn't worn off yet. Wedges were Clevelands that I've since replaced with other Clevelands.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nicklaus N1 irons (as used by Lee Janzen to win the US Open)
TaylorMade R580 11 degree driver fitted with a Pro only Graffalloy Pro Lite shaft (sadly the head was deemed non conforming)
TaylorMade R580 3 wood
Wilson Invex 7 wood
Inertial and Never Compromise Putters.
Petron Extra weight 52 wedge.
from memory all in use when I went from 16 down to 8 in 6 months back in the 90s

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off the tee I’ve always been a car crash so won’t go near that, but elsewhere, my current Callaway Rogue (2018 model?) 4W is the club that has easily given me the best results I’ve seen off the deck. To think I arsed about with 15 degree 3 woods for years. It’s a filthy monster, and only cost me £54 off eBay about 2 years ago.

Other standouts would be my original Odyssey Versa 1W putter. Used to hole all sorts with that….then it inexplicably stopped working…

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge irons circa 1975.
Titliest 913 driver circa 2014
Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge 2 wood circa 1975
Titliest 716 T-mb 3 & 4 iron circa 2015
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood HL circa 2014
Odyssey white hot #9 centre shaft putter circa 2006.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Mid 1990s to mid 2000s was probably when I was at my best for low scores and consistency. Hit the 40 years old in the middle of that time and 2.8 handicap.

Taylormade R360 driver and a Cobra fairway wood.
Ram Laser Fx forged perimeter weighted 1-SW and the same Ben Sayers Opel Line One putter that I use today.

ram fx.jpg

I still have the 1-iron.