doh! didn't sign my card.

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hope everybody has had a great weekend. I played in our monthly stableford on Saturday. First hole I lipped out for birdie then pushed 1foot par putt so ended up with a bogey 5. Bit annoying but a 5 was not to bad on a tricky first. Had 2 other birdie chances go begging but dropped one on our par 5 9th. Gave me a front 9 of 19 points. The only blemish being a blob on our 4th. Hit my tee shot OB.

Back 9 was very steady with 2 points per hole up to 14. Then made 2 birdies a par and was informed I was on 40 points as we walk onto the 18th (despite after 9 saying I didn't want to know my exact score). Hit a great drive on 18. A 550 yard par 5. Then hit a pitch to leave me 100 in. Its a tough hole with water from 100 up to the green on the left hand side and some small trees on the right. My bad shot is a hook so I didn't want to take on the green in 2 and chance the water. Hit my 3rd just right of the flag and dropped it in the bunker. Ended up 3 putting!!!! So just the one point for a 7. Bit of a weak finish. But I was really happy with my game for the day.

Cards in and scores entered in the computer. Checked how did I do last night to see I had been dq'd due to no signature. What a numpty.
The only good thing was I've hit my target for the season to get from 16 down to 12. I had been cut earlier after a medal win to 13.7. After Saturday I'm now 12.1. Very happy with that :)

You can be sure I won't forget to sign a card in the future. I always go over everything on the car I mark and have never missed a trick on June before. I guess the excitement of a good round got the better of me. Probably done me out of £30/40 in the pro shop too. Never mind. I'm just buzzing to have hit my goal.

Mark

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I feel for you. We played a betterball charity event at our course last month and scored 50 points. Forgot to sign the card as our pp didn't hand it to us and handed it in for us. Gutted at the time but at least you have the satisfaction of a good round behind you.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
don't worry about it, done it twice and would have won both comps easily... look on the bright side you still got cut.. that's the important thing.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This will probably get me slaughtered on here but I sign my card when I fill it in on the first tee!!!
Forgot to sign a card,years ago but never again.
PS!! I also have a spare ball in my pocket but do not carry a ball retriever or a chipper.
I am very old though,
Dewsweeper

G

guest100718

This will probably get me slaughtered on here but I sign my card when I fill it in on the first tee!!!
Forgot to sign a card,years ago but never again.
PS!! I also have a spare ball in my pocket but do not carry a ball retriever or a chipper.
I am very old though,
Dewsweeper

Not an unusual thing.

Wheyayeman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm match secretary at my course and a few weeks ago when I was finalising the comp, I checked through all the cards and realised I hadn't signed my own, so DQ'd myself. Luckily everyone found out and had a right laugh, I wont be doing it again:cool:

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sod's law, that's why :D

Just to add I had an email from how did I do today. After the comp it said I was off 12.1. Today the email says my handicap has changed and is now 11.1:eek:

That's a 1/3 of handicap from where it was 3 months ago. I just hope I can do it some justice now.