Does it Change Your Opinion?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Despite his record I'd have Paddy in the team. his recent form in the US shows he is probably the best scrambler in the world right now and as we saw with Seve in his pomp there is nothing to break an opponents spirits in matchplay than to only get a half or even lose a hole to someone that didn't find the short stuff until the ball went in. Do that in a better ball (I'd probably not risk him in foursomes) and it galvanises your partner.

For me it would be Paddy, Molinari and AN Other. My preference would be Rose but can see an argument for rewarding MAJ for changing his plans. It wasn't as though MAJ chopped it at the weekend either so he's in reasonable touch

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Despite his record I'd have Paddy in the team. his recent form in the US shows he is probably the best scrambler in the world right now and as we saw with Seve in his pomp there is nothing to break an opponents spirits in matchplay than to only get a half or even lose a hole to someone that didn't find the short stuff until the ball went in. Do that in a better ball (I'd probably not risk him in foursomes) and it galvanises your partner.

For me it would be Paddy, Molinari and AN Other. My preference would be Rose but can see an argument for rewarding MAJ for changing his plans. It wasn't as though MAJ chopped it at the weekend either so he's in reasonable touch

I agree with Homer here.....I think that Paddy and Casey are definates......I also think that they know already that they are.....Monty has probably had a word on the QT with them both.....
As for the other......Its either Molinari or MAJ in my opinion.......
Young blood....Vs.....The old dog for the long road!.........Its a fair dilemma and headache to have.......

The only worry i have is that someones nose is going to be put out of joint in some way and i wonder if this will have a bearing for future RC's :(

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Difference is Seve was scrambling for pars and birdies where as Paddy is far bogeys and pars.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but then again I aint picking the wildcards. ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a question niggling away.
I know I'm wrong to think this but it wont go away.
There are some Europeans who have stayed and competed on the European tour and some that have left and taken up residence in the US.
Would those living in Florida really want to travel 1000s of miles to play golf for nothing in a wet muddy Wales in October and if they did play, would their interests be conflicting?
I know David Feherty doesn't play on tour any more but he is now officially an American citizen :D
I wonder if he will be the first of many?
As I said, just a niggling thought.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Let's face it. Whoever is picked will get slaughtered by the media. Result depending of course.

I can't blame the guys for not wanting to play in Monty's little selection game. After-all, these Pros do have sponsors to satisfy, caddies to pay, and a whole entarage of others as well. Let alone the whole ranking, FedEx thing.

The Ryder Cup is a 'showboat' event. One which players either warm to as a comp, or don't. I think the players attitude to it could be an indicator of how these guys will be up for the Olympics, or not. Money talks!

Sometimes, the kudos just ain't enough.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob,would you really wish to be a Yank?

Not on your nelly.
I just cant help thinking about Rose, Poults, Donald and Casey all sitting round their pool having a barbie chatting and saying "nah, let's stay here"

I know I'm wrong, but...

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I’ll tell you something guys, I would seriously consider both Francesco and Edoardo Molinari. They are the world cup champions and to overlook a pair partnership that could reward the Euro team with a few solid points would be folly if you ask me. Pairs is a big part of the RC.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ll tell you something guys, I would seriously consider both Francesco and Edoardo Molinari. They are the world cup champions and to overlook a pair partnership that could reward the Euro team with a few solid points would be folly if you ask me. Pairs is a big part of the RC.

I agree :)

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I agree :)

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Paddys got too many swing issues to be a pick on a long wet golf course.You need to be playing the course from the fairway not the munch....1 point from the last 2 cups aint doing it.Assuming the 9 stay the same

Casey
Rose
Donald