Do you still go to your club in winter?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
It's about a half hour drive from where I live to the club, so I don't go there just for the social side of it, only when I play or practice. In summer I am usually there about 3 or 4 times a week, now in winter it is usually just once on the weekend.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play at least once every weekend, use the practice area during the week and also go for lunch with my wife and daughter fairly regularly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm still playing every weekend regardless of the fact it's winter. We have a Christmas Comp this Saturday for example. So yes, I still go. However, I never go to my club when I'm not playing a round. There's no driving range there, and I could use the bar but I just go to pubs instead.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope. To far away for me to bother socially. I get called to meetings and usually go to them. I missed one last night due to completely forgetting, so will have to send an e mail apolgizing. :eek:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have been to the club twice since the end of September. Mainly due to holidays, getting married, other stuff and icy weather. Wouldn't just pop down if wasn't golfing or practicing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yup. Play at least once every weekend in roll-up or a winter league or winter k/o match

But then - I'm down in Surrey paying a heathland well-draining course.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don’t play if wind gets over 20mph or it is raining

Apart from that business as usual at my club

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes, I play on Saturdays and Sundays unless the weather is horrendous. Also played Monday this week when, after an icy start in the morning, we had a glorious sunny winter's day out there.

I would never go for any other reason, as the food is terrible and the drinks are rubbish keg stuff and very expensive.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope your getting stronger every day. Don’t know your issues but knew you weren’t keeping great.

I’m doing ok thanks. Halfway point of treatment is today and so far everything is going as it should. Roll on the end of feb and I can start hitting balls again.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The joys of living in the West Country. I still get to play 2-3 times a week and I go to the club probably an additional 2-3 days a week. There is only so much daytime tele I can watch.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep, the course is on chalk sublayer so drains very well indeed, will only close if there is snow on the ground.

Play every saturday, a few sundays if Ive got brownie points in the bank, and definitely a few times over the christmas period.

Also pop in once or twice a week for a spot of lunch if I'm passing.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Play most Sundays during the winter and will usually then have lunch in the club afterwards. Other than that I wouldn't normally make a point of going unless it was for somewhere different for lunch with the family.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting how many still use your clubs to eat when you are not playing still. I can't think of many clubs near me where that happens. Some like Close House will but they are an exception on the whole. Maybe some NE lads will counter me but north of the river I don't think that culture exists in many places.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to take the dogs over the beach a couple of times a week and visit the club out side of games, but since Baldrick died only to play, as its 18 miles each way from were i live.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Too far away and too far out of the way for a Social call but as we're playing twice a week unless the course is closed were still regulars.
Having said that, tomorrow's not looking overly conducive to being outside but then I've already been twice this week👍😁

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Play every Monday unless (unlikely ) the course is closed. Pop in for a coffee every Sunday morning and go to monthly quiz nights during the winter.