Do you ever get the urge?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never thought anything of it at the time.
But it was a freak accident that did me in the end, caught my studs in the turf when turning and dislocated my knee rupturing ACL, Medial and lateral ligaments.

Was never quite the same after that.
I feel you pain ,had the same injury.
I do remember when I was a lad we played footy all day until dark.
You don’t see that now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My last [and only] performance was in the early 90's as Rab C Nesbit in a male strip act known as the Chippenputts joining three colleagues who were a builder, an Ossie rugby league player and a padded up lycra wearing fitness instructor.
It was a end of show one night only performance at a charity doo for my wife's Breast Cancer challenge
I still have flashbacks and have to go for a lie down whenever I hear Phil Collins 'I Can't Dance'.
We brought the packed clubhouse down when I revealed what was under my kilt.:eek:
The social committee and members put on a show every Christmas - usually a bit of a variety show - some of it a bit dodgy but mostly actually pretty decent standard...hoping we’ll be able to do one this year and maybe I’ll push myself forward for that. After all - I will have been a member for 18yrs come then and thinking that the show committee might know me and I might be considered ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've currently got the urge to fly to Florida, catch up with Mr Rahm, shake him gently by the throat and tell him to extract his digit forthwith...

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Occasionally think I should get back on the BMX - Used to race and do freestyle in the early nighties and it was fun.

The other one for me is kickboxing - hopefully get back to it once restrictions lift!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit different, but big game tracking and photography. Did it for my honeymoon in India looking for Tigers, really loved it. Looking at fresh droppings, listening for alarm calls and prints .. all good fun when you find the Cat and just watch it.
We both want to take the boy as he is mad about cats.
The sports stuff, I feel done and dusted. I do miss taking the high performance cars out for a ragging, but I am not as good as I was, or as fearless.

www.hiltonpark.net
Either a game of cricket, there's nothing beats the camaraderie and the buzz from facing a fast bowler. Also watching the daft punk stuff this week, one more great clubbing night where I didn't need a slash every 5 minutes and was looking for my bed at 11