Do you clean your golf gear?

sunshine

Visit site
Ive also been reducing my collection. I gave away a pair to a new golfer so now I am down to one pairs.

Unless the shoes were unworn, that is weird. Wearing someone else's shoes doesn't feel right, we all have different feet and wear them in differently.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks.

I've had my irons 3 years and never cleaned the grips. Grips probably due a replacement but maybe a scrub will make them a bit more tacky and I can get a few more months out of them.

My only concern was what happens when water gets in the shaft.

If I was to scrub the grips, I would put a tee peg in the end to keep the water out.

But I don't.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unless the shoes were unworn, that is weird. Wearing someone else's shoes doesn't feel right, we all have different feet and wear them in differently.

I bought a second hand pair of under armour shoes off eBay (£40 for spieth ones £99 brand new I think) the guy had worn them 3 times he said.. they looked unworn to me

Changed the insoles to the ones I have in all my shoes and their now my fav pair of my 6 pairs

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Got home from playing at about 2;30 yesterday and my wife convinced me I didn't need to clean my clubs straightaway, which would be the norm (I'd cleaned them during the round with soapy water after each shot anyway)

I lasted until 6pm when the panic got too much and I had to give them a proper clean :eek: Felt much better after that