Do you clean your golf gear?

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used to clean them as and when they looked manky, but my latest set sees me do the irons after every round as well as wiping gunk off with my towel on the rare occasion I might happen fat one :)

Woods and putter once a month-ish and grips occasionally.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Warm soapy water with an old toothbrush after every round. Give the grips a wipe as well. Dry afterwards with a cloth.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
When I first bought my new set I would clean them after every second or third round now I don't bother, I do wipe the irons and wedges after each shot, and will give a good scrub of all my equipment twice a year, trolley, bag, head covers, shoes ect

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Once a year when I get them out of the garage, rest of the year is just a quick wipe after a shot and maybe a quick scrub of the grooves when stood on a shot/tee box etc.

sunshine

Visit site
People who scrub / clean grips: what do you do exactly? Does it make a difference?

It's not something I've ever considered, got me thinking it might be a good idea. Thanks

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
People who scrub / clean grips: what do you do exactly? Does it make a difference?

It's not something I've ever considered, got me thinking it might be a good idea. Thanks
when i used to do it regularly, it was washing up liquid with a nail brush then washed off with hot water and dried. keeps the grips from getting greasy from your hands etc.

might go and do mine now come to think of it

shane3003

Visit site
I usually clean my clubs every few rounds in the summer, normally after every round in the winter.

My shoes are cleaned / wiped over after every round, same with my trolley.
I can’t imagine starting a round with dirty equipment or clothing 🙄

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I use a small brush with plastic bristles, soap and warm water
Even though I clean them after a shot there's still small bits of debris and mud that gets missed that I see in the basin when I clean them again at home

If grooves performed better with crud they'd sell them that way ;)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I may have crossed a line... Just cleaned the clubs but I hadn't actually used them since I last cleaned then :eek:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Mine need a clean. They are not bad, but could do with some tlc. I never clean the grips. I can't see the point. They get replaced when required. I don't want water inside the shaft where it will rust out.

Shoes, they need to be mint. Every time. Can't abide dirty golf shoes.

sunshine

Visit site
when i used to do it regularly, it was washing up liquid with a nail brush then washed off with hot water and dried. keeps the grips from getting greasy from your hands etc.

might go and do mine now come to think of it

Thanks.

I've had my irons 3 years and never cleaned the grips. Grips probably due a replacement but maybe a scrub will make them a bit more tacky and I can get a few more months out of them.

My only concern was what happens when water gets in the shaft.