Do you clean your golf gear?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Do you bother? If so how often and what do you use?

I just tend to dry irons, polish driver head and putter monthly (Maguires car polish) - clean and polish shoes after every round.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scrub the grips every 2 months.

Everything else is as required ie I clean the shoes if theyngetndirty, and the iron heads after every stroke.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After either every round or once a fortnight I clean all clubs , wipe down grips

Scrub my shoes

Soak my cap in vanish for an hour

Clubs are soaked in warm water with fairy liquid for 10 mins then just scrub and dry

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started cleaning my trolley after every round,the amount of comments I get about a new trolley (which it’s not) is uncanny.

Some that I see are shocking for such an expensive peace of kit

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If I'm playing with someone who I think might appreciate some beautiful, old classic clubs then I'll clean them up, otherwise only if they get filthy on the course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do every now and then. Might be once a month. And my idea of cleaning is just spraying the face in water, scrub with a groove brush and dry off. In winter I probably clean them less often because as soon as you hit them once they're filthy again so it feels like a waste of time. I hardly bothered cleaning them in January and February, until March when it got a bit milder.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Regular cleaner here,I also find it quite therapeutic on course to use the jaggy ends of broken tees to clean grooves while I’m walking along

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Clubs get cleaned after every game.
A quick soak in warm soapy water, scrub with a brush then dried off with a towel

D

Deleted member 21258

Tend to wipe the club after hitting, other than that almost never clean them

D

Deleted member 1147

Every few weeks the heads get a good scrubbing, but otherwise I just wipe/brush the face after or before the shots

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes. As soon as I get home I put gel sachets into the shoes to draw the moisture from hot feet out and leave them a few days to dry. I then polish them and treat them all to some dubbin every 2-3 months. I clean my clubs every time as well and give the grips a clean every other week

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, not really. Just when they need it.

They don’t seem to get dirty really.

Clothes I do wash as any other garment and shoes just get a blast of my shoe freshener like my other sports shoes.