Divots

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Will replace the divot with either the lump that came out or with the divot mixture

Obviously on the tee it’s just using the mixture - don’t put the lump of grass back in

I think artificial Field Turf or a similar surface is a good idea for tees. Changing them once every few seasons would be less costly than scrupulous maintenance of tee areas.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
our green keeper said he'd rather they not be replaced as the birds have learned that worms like to live in between them and simply turn them over. we have 4 old boys that get free membership that go round most nights with a divot mixture as they play

I initially read that as you had four ‘year’ old boys doing the heavy labour. ?

Thought blimey that’s a bit harsh just for a kids membership

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought we were talking about the irons. If you take a divot with a wood off the fairway then that makes you a bad player as you are not sweeping the ball away.

You saying Sergio is garbage with fairways? He regularly takes a divot.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Will always fill with sand mix where possible, or replace a divot if no sand available. Get extremely tee'd off with people on the tee that do nothing despite standing next to a box of seed mix.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We are asked to replace, but TBH most of the time there is a crow waiting to pull it back off again when you do. Sand a seed bgs have been discussed, but the club would rather the greenstaff did it, last year we had 6 guys who only do the summer months usually, spent the whole year filling with S&S

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are asked to replace, but TBH most of the time there is a crow waiting to pull it back off again when you do. Sand a seed bgs have been discussed, but the club would rather the greenstaff did it, last year we had 6 guys who only do the summer months usually, spent the whole year filling with S&S
Our artisan section (yes we still have one) - supplemented by willing members - do divot scrape repairing sessions a few tirmes a year. That plus membes taking sand/seed mixture bags out has made quite a big difference in the state of the fairways from where there is a lot of concentrated play.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our artisan section (yes we still have one) - supplemented by willing members - do divot scrape repairing sessions a few tirmes a year. That plus membes taking sand/seed mixture bags out has made quite a big difference in the state of the fairways from where there is a lot of concentrated play.
i think a couple of the places we played in Edinburgh on our Jolly, Morton hall and Bruntsfield.

trouble is most of the clowns at ours can;t be bothered to repair a pitch mark or replace a divot, so little chance any of then putting sand and see down is zero

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think it's the Maybank Championship in Malaysia where the course always look really messy because they don't repair divots. Am I remembering right?
Theres certainly one event down that way that specifies no replacement of divots as they dry out before they have a chance to reattach to the earth.
I think each group has a "sand&seed boy" who works quite hard...