Ditch with yellow stakes

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
Today played a course that had a ditch which is about 180yards off the tee and has yellow stakes either side.but the more left you go the more if comes into play.The fairway slopes massively towards the ditch.so my question is a pp today pulled it and put it into the ditch (tee side so did not get over it) he said he could drop it on the other side, I said how can you as you are then nearer the hole and you didn't get over the ditch.Any way he wasn't having it.Whos right?
Thanks

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today played a course that had a ditch which is about 180yards off the tee and has yellow stakes either side.but the more left you go the more if comes into play.The fairway slopes massively towards the ditch.so my question is a pp today pulled it and put it into the ditch (tee side so did not get over it) he said he could drop it on the other side, I said how can you as you are then nearer the hole and you didn't get over the ditch.Any way he wasn't having it.Whos right?
Thanks

When have you ever been able to drop nearer the hole.

mini_me

www.spreadshirt.co.uk
When have you ever been able to drop nearer the hole.
I played a course in Tenerife it had a longish par 3 with a cactus plantation beyond the green marked with red stakes this is one situation you can drop nearer the hole to where your ball lies as you can drop a ball where it last crossed the hazard(penalty area) within 2 club lengths.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I played a course in Tenerife it had a longish par 3 with a cactus plantation beyond the green marked with red stakes this is one situation you can drop nearer the hole to where your ball lies as you can drop a ball where it last crossed the hazard(penalty area) within 2 club lengths.

Are you sure?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless there was a Dropping Zone, that is not so.

mini_me

www.spreadshirt.co.uk
There may have been a drop zone 😂 it’s was a long time ago 🙈

Th
is is from another forum where the same scenario was asked.

If red, you have two additional options.
Within 2cl of the point it last crossed the margin of the WH, not nearer the hole than that point
or on the opposite side of the the WH, equidistant from that point not nearer the hole

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There may have been a drop zone 😂 it’s was a long time ago 🙈

This is from another forum where the same scenario was asked.

If red, you have two additional options.
Within 2cl of the point it last crossed the margin of the WH, not nearer the hole than that point
or on the opposite side of the the WH, equidistant from that point not nearer the hole
And of course the latter is now only available under a Local Rule