Defoe returns to Spurs

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a gooner and so far this season haven't got much to shout about, or the past few seasons at that. However pompey have to pay spurs £4 mil of the transfer fee because of his sell out clause. So I'm just wondering if pompey are going to make a big loss, not only in the player but financially aswell.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fantastic news. He shouldn't have been sold in the 1st place. I think he'll be deadly with someone like Modric behind him playing him in. Welcome home Jermaine!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am also a gooner, so it isn't good news for me either. I also like Pompey, as I went to colledge there, and I don't think it is a good move for them either, it is just that they need the money.

Arsenal are being linked with Krankjar, which may be a good move for us, but also not for Pompey.

Arsenal are also being linked with Fulhams Jimmy Bullard, which would be a good move also (sorry if this happens Homer).

Defoe back at Spurs will be a useful bit of business if it keeps them up.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
JERMAINE DEFOE - HE'S A YIDDO

JERMAINE DEFOE - HE'S A YIDDO

Get In!!!

Cant wait til teh Pompey game now, they will be even more bitter and twisted than they already were!

WE ARE TOTTENHAM, SUPER TOTTENHAM, WE ARE TOTTENHAM, FROM THE LANE!!!

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Defoe's a turncoat.....I remember when West Ham got relagated, he had his transfer request in within a couple of hours of the final wistle. Although a good striker, he will never have a place in my heart.

twire.......and if you can't guess, a West Ham suporter.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest any player whose heart is not in for playing for the club should go. Defoe has always wanted to go back to Spurs and did not want to go in the first place.

However I do think it is very 2 faced of Spurs to complain when UTD poached Berb and then they do the same with Defoe.

I don't support either of the teams , I follow the mighty REDS (and by that I mean Nottingham Forest.)

Cheers

Midnight...

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Defoe is a cracking player, get him in the right team with the right support and you have real strength and threat in there. I like defoe but Im no fan of any team hes been in.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a great bit of business from the board but a great acquisition none the less.

I can't say I approve of his head gear when presented to the fans though :D