• 3-footer for the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40 yard bunker shot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
Ok, It's time for me to take the plunge and go for my custom fit irons. I've had a lesson, the pro told me I'd need one more and I'd be hot to trot.
I've listened to what you guys have said over the past few weeksand have decided it's come down to two sets. Ping G5's or Nike pro Combo's-3 iron thru to the SW.
I'm gonna get either of them custom fit but I really can't decide. I plan on having these irons for a good few years so I want to get the decision right! Also, just for an opinion I'm thinking of going for a cobra baffler for a rescue club. Any issues with the choice there?

B

birdieman

The Pings will be custom fit already with their colour coding system and will have a much better resale value in a few years than the Nike's. People still pay good money for Ping I3's and Zing2's which are quite old now.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Defo the G5's, without a doubt, Also try he G5 rescue, some people don't like the shape, but it gets the ball up in the air nicely.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stear away from the Nike especially combo's as there value nose dives the moment you lay them in your boot... I spent good money on Taylormade TP combo's last year (£549)and got hammered in re-sale value (£280). I am a dyed in the wool Cobra man myself and cant see past the new S9's. They look like the Mutt's Nuts. Good Luck !!!!!!!!

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I'd agree with the majority- the G5's all the way. They are forgiving enough but as you improve you won't feel the need to get rid of them straight away.

bgordon199

Visit site
I'd definitely go for the Ping G5's. As you progress in your game you can return to the custom fitter for post fitting evaluations. As stated on the Ping website "Since your swing changes over time, periodic evaluations can help keep you playing to your full potential."

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
got the pings ordered today. Green dot, 2' upright and .5 extra length. Got a g5 19' hybrid as well. Can't wait to get my hands on them!