Deane GC Bolton - any members?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently decided to leave Chorley as I was finding it difficult to play often enough to justify membership and the competition booking system really did nothing to help with squeezing early morning rounds in on a weekend.

However, Deane GC have a very attractive first year offer than looks quite interesting (20%off)

Any members on here? I can't recall seeing any?

Or any info about the course etc much appreciated.

Cheers.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently decided to leave Chorley as I was finding it difficult to play often enough to justify membership and the competition booking system really did nothing to help with squeezing early morning rounds in on a weekend.

However, Deane GC have a very attractive first year offer than looks quite interesting (20%off)

Any members on here? I can't recall seeing any?

Or any info about the course etc much appreciated.

Cheers.

think Karl Cole rings a bell. Sure I've seen some stuff about Deane on here before

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've not Dave no.

Never really had an Incling to do so, even though I work less than a mile away.

Not played in a month due to weather and other bits and bobs.

I sent a mass email to all the courses round here (usual suspects) and it was the low price (£680) that intrigued me.

I take it is not quite Chorley standard?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it's ok mate, quite a good course.
Lots of variety and usually good greens, quite a few holes with approach shots over small ravines. A couple of good par 3s.
I believe its a good Club too, busy clubhouse etc.
Have a word with Jimmy & Ray at Chilli dip, Both members. :thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw Ray tonight. Always thought he was at Regent park. Shows how much I pay attention.....

I'll try and get a taster round out if them.

This being a nomad does not suit. Can't be arsed with booking in and scowering direct tee times for a round.

I'm to lazy

Was thinking about just going back to Royal Chorley but the sat comps and booking system does nothing to help a guy with a young family.

Was also considering Hart common. It's fairly cheap and close by. Excellent greens to.

You down the range this week?

Tell you what I am absolutely smashing the ball after seeing Dr Phil for a few lessons.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw Ray tonight. Always thought he was at Regent park. Shows how much I pay attention.....

This being a nomad does not suit. Can't be arsed with booking in and scowering direct tee times for a round.

I'm to lazy

Was thinking about just going back to Royal Chorley but the sat comps and booking system does nothing to help a guy with a young family.

Was also considering Hart common. It's fairly cheap and close by. Excellent greens to.

Tell you what I am absolutely smashing the ball after seeing Dr Phil for a few lessons.

Good to hear your on form mate, I think you'd be leaving the driver in the bag quite a lot at Deane as Theres quite a few holes where you'd definately run out of fairway before the ravines :)

No range for me at the moment, I'm still nursing a dicky Shoulder. I haven't hit a ball for a month, just easing back into it.

Are you sure you can't get on early at Chorley. I know you've got to be quick off the mark at 8:00pm but I can usually manage to get on when I need to. You just need quick Fingers :thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to hear your on form mate, I think you'd be leaving the driver in the bag quite a lot at Deane as Theres quite a few holes where you'd definately run out of fairway before the ravines :)

No range for me at the moment, I'm still nursing a dicky Shoulder. I haven't hit a ball for a month, just easing back into it.

Are you sure you can't get on early at Chorley. I know you've got to be quick off the mark at 8:00pm but I can usually manage to get on when I need to. You just need quick Fingers :thup:

I say i smashing it, but not been on the course with it yet...

Just looking at the score card card online now.

Does look quite short.

Hope the shoulder is on the mend:thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Quick bump to see if anyone else has experience?

No, but have you thought about speaking to Chorley?

May not make a shred of difference, but we had a request from a player who wanted to join (his son was a junior member), but he could only play early on a Sunday, as he worked away all week, had to spend time with her indoors on the Saturday, but wanted to play competition golf, and alongside his son.

He asked if he could have a tee time booked in for a Sunday, we took a look at it, and okayed it on the handicap committee.

Club was £1k richer, and a happy golfer.

Setting a precedent can be dangerous, but sometimes unless you ask........:thup:

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Can't speak from personal experience as never played it but one of my best friends' sister, her husband (off 4), their son (has come through the ranks as a junior) and dad (well into his 70's) have been members there for many years. Seem very happy there, from talking to them it seems a good all round friendly club.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, but have you thought about speaking to Chorley?

May not make a shred of difference, but we had a request from a player who wanted to join (his son was a junior member), but he could only play early on a Sunday, as he worked away all week, had to spend time with her indoors on the Saturday, but wanted to play competition golf, and alongside his son.

He asked if he could have a tee time booked in for a Sunday, we took a look at it, and okayed it on the handicap committee.

Club was £1k richer, and a happy golfer.

Setting a precedent can be dangerous, but sometimes unless you ask........:thup:

Not a bad shout pal, however the booking system is such a bone of contention that a sincerely doubt they would be able to accomadate. Not without causing some mutterings etc.

I should have mentioned that it is actually 3 of us that have left this year and are looking to join the new club together. All three of us are not fans of the booking system, but more specifically that lack of comps on a Sunday.

Last year one of the guys played upwards of 30 times but had an inactive HC toward the end of the year. His fault due top other commitments, but i think some flex would have allowed him to play more Q's

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't speak from personal experience as never played it but one of my best friends' sister, her husband (off 4), their son (has come through the ranks as a junior) and dad (well into his 70's) have been members there for many years. Seem very happy there, from talking to them it seems a good all round friendly club.

Sounds great thanks

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it makes any difference Dave..Chorley are putting on Stableford Comps every Thursday this season along with the Usual Midweek Medal on a Tuesday.

Have you looked at Bolton Old Links? As far as I'm aware it's still Pen and Paper sign up so you'd have no problems signing 3 of you up for an early Teetime.
Good course too, similar moorland feel as Chorley.

Last edited:

mat100p

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I'm to lazy

Hi I live bolton area always found Deane a bit short compared to Chorley.
I see you mention Hart Common were I am a member. The set there is great driving range, par 3 coarse, 3 full size practice holes, and full coarse is long, demanding with great uspga greens worth checking out.
I am a pay and play member which gives great flexibility for me with a young family work etc.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry I'm late to the party here been away. I'm a member at Deane lovely course and everyone very friendly let me know if you ever fancy a knock.