De Vere Wokefield Estate

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Anyone played a round there? Have just been informed I have a work-related offsite there in October, just wondering if I should bother turning up early and packing the clubs for a pre-work round?

Last edited:

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Many times, quite close to me but the place is a bit corporate and I'd never choose to go there as there are much better local courses. Course is OK this time of year but in winter flippers are needed.

Carlwm

Visit site
Played there in May, after my wife's cousin had her wedding at the hotel there.

Can't argue with Fuzzy Duck's assessment that there are better courses locally because Wokefield's the only one I've played but personally, bearing in mind I'm a relative beginner, I found it challenging and enjoyable. The hotel itself is a tad fur coat & no knickers. Nowhere near as nice as it looks at first glance, not overly kempt, and the bar is poor even by hotel standards but I'd happily play the course again.

Grizzly

Visit site
What i would say about the course is that it is fair for a range of handicaps - played it in a group that was 4, 8, 23,36 and all took something from it - its open enough that the duffer usually finds his ball, but challenging enough for better players. The back nine mostly sits in a dell, so will be incredibly wet, but overall, I'd say for the twenty quid or so green fee you cant go wrong!

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The bar is very expensive, two beers will set you back around £12. Spoke to one of the guys in the senior roll up once and he said after the roll up they all go off to a local pub rather than use the bar.

Carlwm

Visit site
The bar is very expensive, two beers will set you back around £12. Spoke to one of the guys in the senior roll up once and he said after the roll up they all go off to a local pub rather than use the bar.

Would have happily done the same at the wedding. Highly limited and bog-standard choice too.