Day before H4H 17th October

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
By the sounds of it you are all in for a treat at Stoneham. I played a match away at Broadstone last Friday and the guy I played against had recently played at Stoneham. He couldn’t say enough good things about the place, and that was from a 1 handicap Broadstone member. I’ve not been to Stoneham for 3 or 4 years and it was good then.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
By the sounds of it you are all in for a treat at Stoneham. I played a match away at Broadstone last Friday and the guy I played against had recently played at Stoneham. He couldn’t say enough good things about the place, and that was from a 1 handicap Broadstone member. I’ve not been to Stoneham for 3 or 4 years and it was good then.

The course is quality atm, went and watched a bit of the clutch tour event there last week and it’s in great condition.

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi guys.

I have just this morning found out that the course is having their greens treated this weekend. Whilst they’ll of had a week to settle so Should be ok I wanted to let everyone know. Added to that, they will also have two temps when we visit.

Ive informed the club I’d get back to them by Friday. i have mentioned reduced gf etc, but no info that at. Thoughts From all please?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most have unfortunately booked accommodation.
I would 100% expect a reduction in GF
Having been playing on poor greens lately because of treatment (that has to be done) it’s starting to grate.
2 temps I’m sure we can live with.
I would look to get £20 reduction.
As always Dave organising an event is difficult,you can only do your best.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If any drop outs then let me know! Might be able to sort something with work to get the day off and come down early with the old man! Would need 2 spots though!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok I’ve just rang the club and spoke to a girl called Georgie who told me they are doing the treatment this week.
She says the full course would be on main greens the week we are there(I would get that confirmed,if they do have some temps it’s a bargaining tool.
She says the greens will be fine just not as good as they have been.
By the way I didn’t tell her I was playing just that I was thinking of visiting that week and heard from a friend.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok I’ve just rang the club and spoke to a girl called Georgie who told me they are doing the treatment this week.
She says the full course would be on main greens the week we are there(I would get that confirmed,if they do have some temps it’s a bargaining tool.
She says the greens will be fine just not as good as they have been.
By the way I didn’t tell her I was playing just that I was thinking of visiting that week and heard from a friend.

I'm guessing that was Georgie in the pro shop?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys.

I have just this morning found out that the course is having their greens treated this weekend. Whilst they’ll of had a week to settle so Should be ok I wanted to let everyone know. Added to that, they will also have two temps when we visit.

Ive informed the club I’d get back to them by Friday. i have mentioned reduced gf etc, but no info that at. Thoughts From all please?

I'm happy to play the course either way.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure why they would have any temporary greens at this time of year and it is still pretty dry!? For what is quite a sizable green fee for in the middle of October (not the high season), imo there should be some offer of a reduction or something else to compensate I understand greens have to be treated and hopefully this won't affect their quality too much but temps are a different matter.