Day 2 Tests.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone recently come back from abroad & had to do their Day 2 test? Am looking for recommendations of reliable suppliers of the test kit? (Have heard too many stories of rogue suppliers & charlatans).

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
With the move to lateral flow tests does anyone know why you can't just use your own test rather than having to buy one for ~£20?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
With the move to lateral flow tests does anyone know why you can't just use your own test rather than having to buy one for ~£20?
How do you perform the analysis? Do you have your own extraction solution and cartridge?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks all.

Rulefan: I looked, and saw that the 7 free ones are just general self testing kits & cant be used for Day2 return testing. But thanks anyway.
Sorry, I was responding to AliMc about DIY.

But see this change

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...roduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals

Press release

Lateral flow tests to be introduced for vaccinated international arrivals

From 24 October fully vaccinated passengers and most under 18s arriving in England from countries not on the red list can take a cheaper lateral flow test, on or before day 2 of their arrival into the UK. These can be booked from 22 October.

But Lateral flow tests for international travel must be purchased from a private provider as NHS Test and Trace tests cannot be used for international travel.

https://boots.recova-19.com/

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Returned fro Ibiza less than a week ago and used Expert Medicals in Bradford. They charged £28 for PCR day 2 fully vaccinated. excellent service with results back by Monday. We posted last Thursday.

Asked about LFT and this was the reply yesterday:

Our LFT's will be available to purchase within the next few days at £15.

Highly recommended

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do you perform the analysis? Do you have your own extraction solution and cartridge?
I've assumed that with the free ones you're just testing yourself for your own information. But that for the Day2 tests on return from foriegn climes, you need a third party to prove/verify that the test was done and to prove/verify the result. So in essence, you're paying for the verification rather than the kit?

Larry long dog

Visit site
So after the lateral flow done yesterday, me & Mrs get pinged today as someone on our flight must have tested positive?…so although we are double jabbed, have both had to do a PCR today…I’d imagine anyone on a busy flight as we were, is likely to be pinged too, so the day 2 lat flow seems pointless.