Damn slice

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Damn it, my usual iron shot is straight or a fade, same with my driver and woods, but lately been turning into 20-30 yard slices. Really feels like I'm coming in-out on my swing and club face feels square, but clearly not!! Any drills to ensure that in-out swing?
Sorry no vids of swing, was down at the range on my own.
Will be booking a lesson for either thurs/fri

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just to add my ball is starting straight and drifting to the left by some way, thinking my path is fine, just my club face is open......

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to add my ball is starting straight and drifting to the left by some way, thinking my path is fine, just my club face is open......

You can determine a lot from a shot shape, learn the causes and you can fix them during a round. I have learnt to do that and my scores are getting better and better.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What exactly is happening in that drill please?
I can see 2(?) head covers on the floor but for what purpose?

Many instances of slicing is down to an out-to-in swing path. This drill highlights such instances and promotes a more in-to-out one. So slice is less likely - though that depends on angle of club-face. in relation to swing path, at impact.

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So if your swinging out-in but still have a slice, which is down to club face, how do you ensure the club face is square or closed to path open to target (for the draw)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So if your swinging out-in but still have a slice, which is down to club face, how do you ensure the club face is square or closed to path open to target (for the draw)

The slice spin is due to the out to in swing. The clubface just determines which direction the ball starts....ish

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ok bob, my irons are starting straight and drift of to the right. What possible reasons could this be because of? Thanks