custom fitting

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went to my regional Mizuno fitting centre today, looking to replace my trusted CT's.

I dont need any adjustment on loft/lie and was hitting right out the screws more often than not, as i have been for the last few weeks now.

Wanted initially to try the MP52's as they seem to be the modern equivilent of my current irons (but the new set includes an 8 iron!). Also hit the MP58's and the MP68's.

The dispertion between all the clubs was 7 yards.
They carried and rolled pretty much the same right through the range - only 3 or 4 yards difference between the lot. Spinn rates between 6650 and 7000. nice boring ball flight on them all too.

Think I'm going to order the MP58's. Really excellent irons.

The fitting also confirmed what I knew already - i'm a real lightwieght and dont hit the ball anywhere at all (except virtually straight), no wind and a premium ball gets my 6 iron out at 150 yards!

Was a really good 90 minutes, very interesting and well worth £25.

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you purchase through them they do.

I've got almost £200 in pro shop vouchers this year so will be buying through my pro

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well, even so, i've paid it, and its a great service. Dont feel particularly ripped off either way!

£25 is nothing really. I've learnt a lot, confirmed what i knew about much of my swing too which is good. I am happy enough

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say I thought most manufacturers charged and then offset it against the purchase of new clubs. I know Cally do if you go to Chessington. Otherwise you'd get loads of punters turning up, getting fitted and then trawling around for the best deals and the fitting centre wouldn't make any money

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, even so, i've paid it, and its a great service. Dont feel particularly ripped off either way!

£25 is nothing really. I've learnt a lot, confirmed what i knew about much of my swing too which is good. I am happy enough

Fair enough.
;)

nulassilb

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Callaway are doing a short game fitting session at our club tomorrow. I'm going along - I think it will be wedges and putters. Hope they don't charge!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Mizzy fitting at Oxford cost but it came off the price. The regional centres are independant of Mizuno so will charge. The National Centres are run by Mizuno and they'll bear the cost.

MP58's are quality irons - you wont go far wrong with them.

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
I went to the National Fitting centre in Glasgow last month while i was on holiday and was their for just over an hour and it was free.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Mizzy fitting at Oxford cost but it came off the price. The regional centres are independant of Mizuno so will charge. The National Centres are run by Mizuno and they'll bear the cost.

MP58's are quality irons - you wont go far wrong with them.

Good to know, as that place is the closest to me (Gloucester) according to the Mizuno website and I shall be paying a visit at some stage. I'll make sure I have £25 in my wallet.