custom fitting in the north west

big_al

Club Champion
Visit site
hello to everyone on the forum, i'm new on here this is my first post so please excuse any mistakes. can anyone recommend anywhere in the north west to be custom fitted for a set of irons, ideally i'd like to try several brands. i've always bought of the shelf in the past but being 6 foot 3 have always wondered if i should have longer shafts. i shot a p.b 79 yesterday and feel like treating myself :D

big_al

Club Champion
Visit site
cheer's mate i'll check them out. anyone used tour x golf in warrington? was told about them by the pro at my club. apparently the guy who runs it used to work for adams on the european tour

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Also try true fit golf in Fiddlers Ferry, they do everything you can think of, spining, many shafts, heads, grips so should be able to sort you. Course attached too

Or Graham Tonge in frodsham, he makes his own clubs so has an entire catalogue of shafts, grips, but he is limited to heads but worht a look, and he is not expensive. Also got a lovely course to have a knock at the same time, and a nice spike bar.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
True fit is good, as is clubhouse golf in eccles. I've heard Tour X is a class set up, but im not sure what he actually sells you. I think you take your clubs to TourX and you get a custom fit experience like the guys on tour get. Nicky Hibbs there is is a club builder who has made clubs for langer and tom watson so he knows more than yr average guy at American Golf.

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
Rainford Golf Superstore, (formally Nevada Bobs) Coming from Liverpool its just along the East Lancs A580 towards St.Helens then up the Rainford bye pass about a mile or so

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I have not used TourX yet but I know alot of good players that go to Nick Hibbs. From what people have said I would recommend him definitely.

Jason for someone at my level but looking to improve with all the help I can get from the right set up,

Is the right shaft i.e flex, kick point, torque Important?

Is the loft/lie and shaft length important for dispersion and distance accuracy?

Can a custom fitting tell me if my current shaft are holding my game back or not fitted to my swing?

gh09

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi Al if you don't mind travelling a little try Manchester golf club, I drove up there just over a week ago it only takes just over half hour very easy to get too. You are under no obligation to buy and for £25 you will have a full fitting including all the computerised stuff and then take as many different clubs as you like out onto a grass range, I went with every intention of buying a set of new irons but after a fitting was recommended to save my money and just have the lie adjusted on my R9's. Try there website or give them a call you won't be disappointed good luck whatever and wherever you decide and don't forget too let everyone know how you get on. Gary

big_al

Club Champion
Visit site
thanks gary i'll have a look at that.
i like the idea of trying the clubs on a grass range rather than hitting off matts into a net

JonW

Visit site
I'm going to try to dig this thread up again as a lot can change in 9 years!

I'm looking to get a new set of irons this year and want to have them custom fitted. I don't particularly want to be limited to just one brand, so somewhere that offers a selection would be good.

Where/who would you recommend in NW England?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Rainford Golf Superstore, (formally Nevada Bobs) Coming from Liverpool its just along the East Lancs A580 towards St.Helens then up the Rainford bye pass about a mile or so
This shop has all the brands of irons and they are big on custom fitting. It’s called Clarke’s Golf Centre now