CSS calculation

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a question for any of you handicap sec types on here?

played in the monthly medal yesterday, pretty windy with the odd rain squall, so not many took part.

20 guys of which none made buffer, 5 cat 1, 10 cat 2 and 5 cat 3.

the CSS stayed the same!!

i was under the impression that it was the number of guys in each cat making buffer that made the CSS?

we are not on HDIDO, so use our own system as such, but the comp usually calculates the CSS as scores go in.

Any reason?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
a question for any of you handicap sec types on here?

played in the monthly medal yesterday, pretty windy with the odd rain squall, so not many took part.

20 guys of which none made buffer, 5 cat 1, 10 cat 2 and 5 cat 3.

the CSS stayed the same!!

i was under the impression that it was the number of guys in each cat making buffer that made the CSS?

we are not on HDIDO, so use our own system as such, but the comp usually calculates the CSS as scores go in.

Any reason?

Perhaps there are lots of stableford adjustments to be taken into account.

PS. Shouldn't post early in the morning (or late at night). The CSS calculation uses the unadjusted medal scores, so, no, I can't think of a reason. Are you sure it's a "no change" CSS and not Reductions Only?

When you say you use your own system, is it CONGU licensed software?

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Perhaps there are lots of stableford adjustments to be taken into account.

PS. Shouldn't post early in the morning (or late at night). The CSS calculation uses the unadjusted medal scores, so, no, I can't think of a reason. Are you sure it's a "no change" CSS and not Reductions Only?

When you say you use your own system, is it CONGU licensed software?

yes, its is, not sure what system it is but it usually adjusts as the day goes on and all scores are in.

I see your point on the adjustments, but having played with 2 other cat 1 they would have no round downs and the other young lad off +1 said he just had a few bogies. the other guys could in theory be net adjusted but it would have to be a fair few as no one broke net 80 except me and the +1 guy.

the CSS is at 73 same as the SSS

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes, its is, not sure what system it is but it usually adjusts as the day goes on and all scores are in.

I see your point on the adjustments, but having played with 2 other cat 1 they would have no round downs and the other young lad off +1 said he just had a few bogies. the other guys could in theory be net adjusted but it would have to be a fair few as no one broke net 80 except me and the +1 guy.

the CSS is at 73 same as the SSS

On the scores that you quote, the CSS would definitely be +3 (RO) with adjusted scores set against that..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
On the scores that you quote, the CSS would definitely be +3 (RO) with adjusted scores set against that..

That's what i thought.

trying to get the teams together for our Moray and Nairn League game today and one of the guys will have to move into a diff cat if it stays the same and will have to find someone else in cat 2 to take his place... i suppose he could just play off the lower handicap!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just had the results in went to RO, so was cut 0.1 rather than up 0.1.

no one knows why the system is not showing the correct CSS as scores go in!