Cross Border rounds and handicapping

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So 10 of us are heading over the border from England to Wales for 3 rounds from Sunday. (Rolls of Monmouth and The Vale Resort).

I have confusing reports of who can do what with regards to Handicapping from day to day, and looking for concrete experience or advice about how we can do this, given we are outside EGU jurisdiction. We have been advised by Vale that they are not able to enter our scores for handicap purposes.Just want to make sure that performance previous day is accurately reflected the following day as it would be if we were away in England.

Any advice re the courses/resorts and what to expect also gratefully received.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thought there was no problem with Wales. If in a singles they will submit scores automatically.If you go N. of the border it is necessary to submit scores to Home Club if in a Comp. Not relevant nine this instant

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought there was no problem with Wales. If in a singles they will submit scores automatically.If you go N. of the border it is necessary to submit scores to Home Club if in a Comp. Not relevant nine this instant

It's not a comp, and our organiser has been told they have no way of submitting our round even though it is our intent that they count for handicap. Been told to submit to our home course, which we can't do til we get back.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Take picture of card and email to your handicap sec hsving told him of your intentions?

I understand the sentiment, but for reasons I won't go into this just won't work. In this day and age surely that shouldn't be necessary - especially if this is genuinely a World system?

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand the sentiment, but for reasons I won't go into this just won't work. In this day and age surely that shouldn't be necessary - especially if this is genuinely a World system?

Why not? It’s a fairly straight forward and easy option? Or better still take the cards home with you and give them to the handicap sec in person?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a 2 day away comp at my club , at The Rolls and St Pierre this year. Played off same handicap both days . 60 of us this year and handicap sec in putted all scores at the end of day one using hotel's wifi and then on the way home hot spotted off his phone to input day 2 scores. All plyers thus had accurate records for the two days , not ideal for you I know and agree not exactly a World HS but when there's a will there's a way , sorry it doesn't work for you