Algarve golf holiday update - couple of bits to finalise

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
flights booked and we have agreed on the following package -

3 nights' bed & breakfast at Pestana Gramacho Residence (T2 Apartment - 4 Persons) and 3 days' unlimited golf (Alto Golf, Gramacho, Vale da Pinta, Pestana Vila Sol or Silves Golf)

could do with some advice on which of the 5 courses to play? Vila Sol and Gramacho seem to get the best feedback on trip advisor.

We are planning to play 3 rounds, going to hire a car, so transport to courses not an issue.

also, some advice on the best time of day to play would be appreciated. have seen some comments that locals tend to play mornings, and the pace is quicker if you play afternoons?

All feedback gratefully received!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've always preferred to play in the mornings. in the summer, the afternoons can be really hot and playing golf in that heat can be a grind.

Most of these courses are "resort courses" and so you tend to be out there with other visitors.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
flights booked and we have agreed on the following package -

3 nights' bed & breakfast at Pestana Gramacho Residence (T2 Apartment - 4 Persons) and 3 days' unlimited golf (Alto Golf, Gramacho, Vale da Pinta, Pestana Vila Sol or Silves Golf)
could do with some advice on which of the 5 courses to play? Vila Sol and Gramacho seem to get the best feedback on trip advisor.

We are planning to play 3 rounds, going to hire a car, so transport to courses not an issue.

also, some advice on the best time of day to play would be appreciated. have seen some comments that locals tend to play mornings, and the pace is quicker if you play afternoons?

All feedback gratefully received!

Depends what you plan on doing, we always played afternoon (usually getting the first twilight time) but this is often because we were in no state to play golf in the morning.

Superbock is king

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Depends what you plan on doing, we always played afternoon (usually getting the first twilight time) but this is often because we were in no state to play golf in the morning.

Superbock is king

fair point. don't think the lads I'm going with are mad party animals, but I guess anything is possible when they are off the leash!

D

Deleted member 1147

Alto is the least worthwhile of those, I really liked Silves (some really good par 5's), Gramacho & Pinta are also good courses (not played Villa Sol).

Are you staying in Alvor - if so the Sports bar up the main drag is pretty good.

Mornings are best (if you can get up in time), gives you longer to drink in the afternoon/evening!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Surely you are going to play 36 holes a day! Play them all!

Obviously you have payed for unlimited golf, but i would still go and play Palmeras. It is very close to where you are and worth every penny

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Alto is the least worthwhile of those, I really liked Silves (some really good par 5's), Gramacho & Pinta are also good courses (not played Villa Sol).

Are you staying in Alvor - if so the Sports bar up the main drag is pretty good.

No, we are staying at Gramacho. Had a non-golfing holiday in Alvor a few years ago, really nice little place.

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If there is a moment late afternoon when you are not ready to get back stuck into the electric soup. The gokarts at the Autodromo Internacional are great.