crap delivery service

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
ordered something from DG at the end of last week. Got an email from them telling me that it would be delivered on or before 4th (Monday)
Checked on the tracking system on Tuesday, item still at the depot. Same Wed. I went on line and requested a Thurs delivery as I don't work Thurs. Checked at 2pm "still in depot"
I phoned to be told it would be because of the weather... No [****] sherlock.
I have no problem with a delay as I can't use it anyway but why state a delivery date and then a request for a new date.

The Posties have had some bad press recently but they've been every day, trudging through all that mother nature has thrown at them and they're on foot.

"Home delivery service"....FFS they only have to deliver my parcel from Leeds and the roads are fairly clear.

I will be more particular where I get my gear from now, and carriers will have a bearing on that

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
As a Postie myself,Vig is right, we have been on foot out in all that mother nature has thrown at us.We still have an obligation to the public,Come Hell or High Water ha ha and even snow :)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a Postie myself,Vig is right, we have been on foot out in all that mother nature has thrown at us.We still have an obligation to the public,Come Hell or High Water ha ha and even snow :)

planning a remake of The Postman, with you in the starring role? ;)

(anyone remember that weird kevin costner film?)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember that weird Kevin Costner.

Oh and still no parcel....
Things are looking up though, they've managed to load it on the van.... woop di do!!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
City Link are especially crap, and in my experience, the drivers sometimes claim they attempted to deliver when they didn't. This tends to happen close to the end of the working day.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The other side of the coin....

It's our service managers 60th birthday today. Big party this evening (if the snow allows) at a posh hotel a couple of miles away.
For his birthday present, his wife and kids decided to purchase a GoKart for him. This was delivered a week or two ago.
The rest of us at work (4) were undecided what to get him for OUR present, I asked him a few questions earlier this week and it came to light that a matching blue & black GoKart cart bag would be ideal.
So I emailed Sandy at GoKart on Wednesday to find out if they had one in stock, and if so could they get it to me for today.
She replied almost immediately to confirm they had one, she was posting it out as we spoke and I could phone later and arrange payment as Dave (our service manager) was lurking and he would have heard what we were doing. Very trusting of her and much appreciated. She promised delivery for Thursday/Friday weather permitting.
Obviously the weather has got the better of the delivery company, because as at 5.00pm yesterday the bag hadn't arrived. I contacted Sandy again via email to let her know that it hadn't arrived, saying that it wasn't too much of a problem as we would present the bag to Dave next week. Couldn't help the weather could we?

Not satisfied with that, Sandy responded to my email to say she had been in touch with the delivery company they use and the manager had offered his profuse apologies and would be delivering the bag this morning, personally taking it upon himself to drive down to our works so that we can present the gift to Dave this evening as originally planned.
How's that for service????

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I ordered a load of stuff off a website which was shipped within 24 hours. I found a card through my letterbox with a "come and collect or phone us" instruction.
It had a map and opening/closing times on the back.
So, I drove across town to "X marks the spot place" and guess what?.....no depot even close.....
Drive around for ages, kept trying the phone (no reply) then decided to go home. I turned around at the bottom of an industrial estate and behind some units was the delivery company!

I complained about the map, to which their response was "yes, we moved 6 months ago from the old site".....

"So why are you using the old cards/maps"??????