Courses near Lincoln

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I might give Millfield a miss!

As you can guess from my username, I'm a yellowbelly.

... When you make your move, give me shout if you want someone to play with!

Ta!

When we do move, we're planning on renting before buying - so might not be settled for some while. I'm hoping this forum could be an aide to getting in some golf before we finally locate ourselves.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I played Millfield last night and can confirm, it's still in absolutely awful condition. :D
It's also still only £5 per round so it's a gateway into golf for many that otherwise might never pick up a club. You get what you pay for, and it's good that there are golf courses to suit all pockets.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone played Holme Hall recently ? played it 2 years ago and it wasn't in great nick and playing it again Thursday before a weekend at forest pines i know it's a bit further a field than lincoln but near enough rather than start a new thread :D

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Anyone played Holme Hall recently ? played it 2 years ago and it wasn't in great nick and playing it again Thursday before a weekend at forest pines i know it's a bit further a field than lincoln but near enough rather than start a new thread :D
I played it recently (with LincolnShep).

It wasn't too bad to be honest, although I had played it after being at Rufford, Rushcliffe and Hallamshire which were all stunning (on lovely days), so it was probably a bit of an anti climax. Just stay on the fairway, I seemed to remember some of the tatty bushes just off the fairway made me very upset :)

Swango1980

Visit site
I played Millfield last night and can confirm, it's still in absolutely awful condition. :D
It's also still only £5 per round so it's a gateway into golf for many that otherwise might never pick up a club. You get what you pay for, and it's good that there are golf courses to suit all pockets.
Ahh well, Market Rasen tonight

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We had a league match there at the weekend and I can concur :ROFLMAO:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My first ever friendly match was away at Millfield. For that reason, I have fond memories. Indeed, the course is poor, but a bit of nostalgia. I assume they still don't have a clubhouse to eat in after?

Correct, we went down the road to the local afterwards. Really nice bunch of guys and with a bit of effort the course could actually be ok, especially for the price point. There are a couple of holes that just need windmills and clown faces though lol.

gopher99

Visit site
I have just come back from my parents and they live in Haltham, both of them belong to South Kyme golf club. Whilst it’s never going to be a championship golf course, it’s in great nick and the staff are friendly