Courses in the UK you would not recommend

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's a great place to walk a dog.
Despite all the surrounding parkland, dog walkers love it. It was even worse when Perdiswell.
I assume it's because the grass is shorter than elsewhere.
I was even once informed by a dog walker with a loud yapping dog that the place was not a golf course at all.

How about courses that are partly flooded by high tides?
If it's still open then Garmouth and Kingston was one on the Moray Firth.
With rising sea levels more could be threatened.
Like at Westward Ho!, Montrose, Brancaster.
G&K is still going, but chunks of the back 9 have disappeared into the Spey :confused:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It's a great place to walk a dog.
Despite all the surrounding parkland, dog walkers love it. It was even worse when Perdiswell.
I assume it's because the grass is shorter than elsewhere.
I was even once informed by a dog walker with a loud yapping dog that the place was not a golf course at all.

How about courses that are partly flooded by high tides?
If it's still open then Garmouth and Kingston was one on the Moray Firth.
With rising sea levels more could be threatened.
Like at Westward Ho!, Montrose, Brancaster.
If Ravenmeadow gets flooded by the sea we really are in trouble lol. It must be almost in the centre of the country.

We get boggy on the front 9 being so clay based and the brook floods a bit around holes 6-8 - but the Perdiswell back 9 drains really well.

Dog walkers have a bit more respect during golfing hours these days, I rarely see anyone walking the course when the white balls are flying - but the surrounding paths are busy as you'd expect.

D-S

Visit site
Though it has some good holes and is very friendly, I think the dress code at West Cornwall should demand a hard hat.
Never played a course where it felt more dangerous for other golfers’ balls flying around, especially as those golfers don’t can’t see you standing in their landing area.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Though it has some good holes and is very friendly, I think the dress code at West Cornwall should demand a hard hat.
Never played a course where it felt more dangerous for other golfers’ balls flying around, especially as those golfers don’t can’t see you standing in their landing area.

South Bradford is like that. There are holes that cross, one of them is a blind dogleg.