Course suggestions north west

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So your staying in Southpirt but playing Hoylake? Are you also playing Southport courses on the trip?(S&A/Hillside/Birkdale) If not, then you are aware Hoylake is about an hours drive from Southport ?

If you are looking to stop somewhere on your way up then I'd go for Delemere or Sandiway. You'll need a county card or decent negotiation skills to get them for 50 quid, but with 12 of you it might be possible.

We are also playing Formby, and are playing Hoylake on our last day, so will check out of hotel and be en route for home when we leave Hoylake.

I played Sandiway many years ago when i lived up north, and remember it being a good track, thanks.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the Wallasey suggestions, that one defo on the list for discussion.

Prestbury already has notice of course alterations for the date we want in Sep 22.

Carden park whilst it looks good makes it harder to get to Southport on the way there. Happy to do the tunnel on way home (timings are good) but we will be anxious for beer on the way there!

Many thanks for all your input so far, much appreciated.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
CH, It would be really helpful if you let us know whether you are playing some of the excellent courses in Southport, the 3 mentioned by Junior plus West Lancs, RB, Hesketh and Formby all expensive.

!

We played Birkdale and Lytham on a previous trip. Formby this time. :)

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Incidentally, what’s your thoughts on current favourites / your Open Rota ranking so far?

They were all very different experiences.

Turnberry I was first out as a one ball on a cold March morning (left the missus eating the biggest breakfast in bed I have ever seen, in the main hotel), and when you turn along the sea after a couple of holes i could have been the only person on the planet, it was fabulous.

St Andrews still raises the hairs on the back of my neck thinking about the first tee. And I made birdie!

The Birkdale/Lytham trip was awesome, though I preferred Birkdale to Lytham, which I though a little enclosed in parts.

But overall the Royal St George's trip was the best - we stayed in Princes Lodges (12 of us), and played all three courses.

Fabulous memories, more to make.

D

Deleted member 3432

Which puts you a very long way from everyone else.?? ..... which I know only too well as I'm visiting a friend at a similar spot next Wed @ Kirby in Furness. ??[/QUOTE]

Furness area is the end of the world from up here. Easier to drive to Manchester or Glasgow than the South of the county ?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with most on here about Wallasey, Delamere and Sandiway.
Formby Hall could be a decent bet for under £50 or Leesowe is close and also decent and should be within budget

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like as he's up north he may as well pop over to Port Stewart. Not too far away - just get the ferry up the Mersey from the Pier Head.