Course Recommendations Northumberland

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m going to be in Eyemouth next week and hoping to get at least one round of golf in anybody have any recommendations in the local area

Much appreciated

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m going to be in Eyemouth next week and hoping to get at least one round of golf in anybody have any recommendations in the local area

Much appreciated

Goswick or Alnmouth (Foxton Hall).

Dunbar is only 30 mins away if you don't mind going North.

All top notch courses.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about playing Eyemouth? Heard its supposed to be decent. You've also got Duntanburgh down the road, a real bargain, Seahouses as well purely for two of the best par 3 holes you will come across.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven't played it, but I walked across Bamburgh Castle GC while on holiday earlier this year and it looks absolutely stunning.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Alnmouth (Foxton, not the village course) or Dunstanburgh would be my pick. I haven't played Goswick, which is why I haven't plucked for there but plenty recommend it.

Bamburgh has stunning views and can be fun but the green fees are over the top. You can get better value at Foxton or Dunstanburgh.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Alnmouth (Foxton, not the village course) or Dunstanburgh would be my pick. I haven't played Goswick, which is why I haven't plucked for there but plenty recommend it.

Bamburgh has stunning views and can be fun but the green fees are over the top. You can get better value at Foxton or Dunstanburgh.

We've got a society day out at Dunstanburgh tomorrow. £35, bacon roll and coffee beforehand, soup and sandwiches afterwards. Forecast isn't the best, but you can't have everything :)

The dormie house deal at Foxton is great value. 2 rounds of golf, evening meal and breakfast. We paid £83 2 years ago, middle of summer, and got single rooms. It's went up a bit since, but think it's still around the £100 mark.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
As previously mentioned

Goswick, Awsome, vintage open qualifier links.
Bamburgh, Good, links with great views, overpriced compared to others in the area.
Dunstanburgh Good - Regular county event location, good all year round, cheap as chips.
Eyemouth, Good, not in the same conditions as the others on the list, but has one of the best par 3s in the world.

If you go north, Dunbar, Gullane, North Berwick, Muirfield, etc etc only some of the best courses on the planet.