Course Management?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Dave.
Thats what i was trying to get across to Murphthemog...
if youve a high handicapper trying to par a hole and he doesnt it can mess with confidence... chances are a low handicapper has to par the hole provided he hasnt shots on it to get his 2 points but the pressure would be off the high handicapper going into that same hole knowing a bogey would get him the same points and he could enjoy his round and as he improves his handicap drops and he becomes more consistent and in turn gets more confidence at parring his holes and then chasing birdies... is that not the way handicaps are dropped..

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In an effort to manage my local course better and try to reduce my handicap, (it's still rising), I've decided to put away the Driver and 3W and just go with my irons.

The longest holes at my little course are only around 350 yards, and while it's great to hit a big driver and then have a 60-80 yard SW to go, that only happens rarely, and I'm not great at half-shots...(a good full SW will go 90 yards for me.) I'm far better off taking a 3I off the tee and having perhaps 130 to 150 to go, which is a full club.

So that's it, no more Driver and 3W for the next few months...be interesting to see what happens.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Tim,
Its a nice philosophy to have but id still have my big clubs.. im very stubborn like that.. if there not workin for me i have to no why.. i hate them getting the better of me :mad: