County Golf

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there anyone who doesn't know about County Golf by now? Great shop where I get the vast majority of my golf clothes from. Especially Under Armour polos, always superb value, I have too many of these now.

My recent experience of Cutter & Buck has put me right off their brand though.. "waterproofs" that weren't waterproof at all!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s interesting that people are having sizing issues, from memory their size guide was pretty accurate with products having chest sizes available IE 46-47, 48-49.

I was shopping for shoes yesterday on a different site and notice they’d also had to list chest sizes and when looking at different brands it was clear why the need was there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s interesting that people are having sizing issues, from memory their size guide was pretty accurate with products having chest sizes available IE 46-47, 48-49.

I was shopping for shoes yesterday on a different site and notice they’d also had to list chest sizes and when looking at different brands it was clear why the need was there.
Agree, CG are one of the most consistent websites for actually having the measurements listed. That's one of the things I like about them, as a medium in one brand can be totally different from a medium in another brand. The polo shirts can vary from 39 inch chest to 43.

evemccc

Visit site
Has anyone used the gloves from County Golf? Recommended?

For all rounds I play I use leather gloves from FJ/ Ping/ Whoever as they are supremely comfy but they’re expensive — so I don’t want to use them for range sessions, chipping practice or hitting balls into the net ( what I’m aiming to do this winter a fair amount)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I’ve just bought 2 Cutter & Buck polos for £17.50. Fantastic quality and excellent fit ?
With an improved website and exact measurements it gives great confidence for buying. In addition they’ve got plenty of stock.
You're in contention for the best dressed player at the driving range. Mind you, there's not a lot of competition.

D

Deleted member 23270

Has anyone used the gloves from County Golf? Recommended?

For all rounds I play I use leather gloves from FJ/ Ping/ Whoever as they are supremely comfy but they’re expensive — so I don’t want to use them for range sessions, chipping practice or hitting balls into the net ( what I’m aiming to do this winter a fair amount)
The C&B gloves are a bit thicker so ideal for heavy range use.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'd think that there wouldn't be any sizing issues as measurements are on the site but then again do you think that County Golf measure each and every item of clothing they sell?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agree, CG are one of the most consistent websites for actually having the measurements listed. That's one of the things I like about them, as a medium in one brand can be totally different from a medium in another brand. The polo shirts can vary from 39 inch chest to 43.

Defo feel the pain here. I’m Nike size large, under armour XL and FJ in XXL.

Europe should force standard sizes and then either regular, slim and skinny fit.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's the trousers that get me, I've had 34 inch waists that are comically big, and others that are a perfect fit. Why doesn't 34 mean 34 inches??
Hmmm. Over the last 2/3 years, I've noticed that 34" waist trousers from most brands come up quite small, sometimes I'm sure that they are really 32". :unsure: Have to go for elasticated waist 34" ones now. There's no way I'm going to buy 36" just to get something that fits. :sneaky:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's the trousers that get me, I've had 34 inch waists that are comically big, and others that are a perfect fit. Why doesn't 34 mean 34 inches??

Sounds crazy but it wouldn’t surprise me if some measure the waist(ie skin) and some measure outside the trousers(ie belt) that would effect an inch at least on an average 32/34 waist.

I work in a sector where the industry standard is to measure internal dimensions were as one specific measures external. This saves them around 20% in raw materials yet contractors can’t were put why the contents isn’t equal ??

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I once spoke to a person in the "know" with fashion brands and they said that brands basically have a model for each size. So if that model puts on a few pounds between one line and the next then the sizes change. Although now I type that out it does seem implausible.

However, I have been a 38" waist from Next since I was about 22 yet for some reason I can now comfortably get into 36s. Despite all my other clothes fitting the same as they always have (implying its not me thats lost weight ?).

sunshine

Visit site
Hmmm. Over the last 2/3 years, I've noticed that 34" waist trousers from most brands come up quite small, sometimes I'm sure that they are really 32". :unsure: Have to go for elasticated waist 34" ones now. There's no way I'm going to buy 36" just to get something that fits. :sneaky:

Most people seem to think sizes are getting larger, but you think sizes are getting smaller ?
I hate to break it to you, but …