Countdown...

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok.... Iv 6 days left before the end of season Player of the Year Final.... Its a Medal Comp and one id like to have a good showing in....
Iv documented my faults over the past few weeks... No surprise to most but i dont particularly want a repeat of my ball striking from last weekend to make an surprise showing next weekend.....

So as a fade is a bit more controllable is there any possibility whereby if i played for this shot it would minimize me hooking and pushing and having the odd shank....
Obviously its more than likely a shot shape to play with the 6 iron and down.....
But could i manage to pull off 18 holes without the above 3 misses hopping up if i purposely set up for a fade.....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Explain 'setting up for a fade'.

Well if i want to hit a fade i have to be swinging slightly more left than the face points at impact.....My clubface is pointing right of my clubs path..... But its closed to my target... i.e. where i want my ball to finish......
So hypothetically speaking if i was to aim my clubhead a few yards inside the left edge of the fairway with a slightly open stance and swung slightly out to in it should finish somewhere in the middle of the fairway provided i hit the centre of the club...
Face is open to the path but closed to the target....

But the reason i ask this is would it be a more manageable ball flight with my Early extension James....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It would be because you likely flip the club closed which is where you want it for the fade. I wouldn't aim the club face too far left... but I would aim my BODY left enough to guarantee that the path IS left of the face.

if the path is left of the face you'll never hook it.... you might fade it, you might hit a straight shot or you might even hit a shot that ends up in the right rough (if the face it tooooo open) but you shouldn't hook it... if you DO you snapped the face closed and you're gonna know about it!!! "FORE LEFT.... TWO FAIRWAYS OVER!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would be because you likely flip the club closed which is where you want it for the fade. I wouldn't aim the club face too far left... but I would aim my BODY left enough to guarantee that the path IS left of the face.

I need to have a fiddle on the range with this so before sunday i think...... Need to sort this EE thing before next season..... Ill manage it though somehow....:whistle:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

if the path is left of the face you'll never hook it.... you might fade it, you might hit a straight shot or you might even hit a shot that ends up in the right rough (if the face it tooooo open) but you shouldn't hook it... if you DO you snapped the face closed and you're gonna know about it!!! "FORE LEFT.... TWO FAIRWAYS OVER!!!!!!!"

All i want to do is knock out one side of the course...So i can at least manage the misses better until i can get my head and swing round them....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Even the ducks are going round in duffle coats....:lol:

They do all year in Ireland!!

Fade is an OK shot, but you gotta not roll the face closed. Path left (however you make that happen), club face straight(ish)

What's your plan to solve your EE then?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Fade is an OK shot, but you gotta not roll the face closed. Path left (however you make that happen), club face straight(ish)

Seems a more predictable flight pattern anyway..... I love looking at a left to right shot that you know isnt headed for trouble..... On the other hand striving to try and draw the ball is fun in a different way..Just not on the course....:rolleyes:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not fully sure..... Seen a few videos and a lot seem to advocate keeping my backside against a wall..... Feel like i turn my right glute into it on the backswing but on the downswing i need to turn the left glute back onto the wall while not letting the right one off it.....

Another one iv seen is where i have to get the feeling of sitting into my left side to start the downswing.....Feel like i squat down into the ball and the push off the ground through impact.....

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just read right through this thread.......good luck thinking about all this information while trying to hit the ball :thup:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just read right through this thread.......good luck thinking about all this information while trying to hit the ball :thup:

Enlighten me as to how you hit a fade then D4S.......
just wondering how you would do that just stepping up to the ball with a simple view of it......

D

Deleted Member 1156

Enlighten me as to how you hit a fade then D4S.......
just wondering how you would do that just stepping up to the ball with a simple view of it......

You said on another thread recently that you like to know all the technical stuff about the swing so surely you know how to hit a fade?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
You said on another thread recently that you like to know all the technical stuff about the swing so surely you know how to hit a fade?

There aren't many off a double digit handicap, myself included, that can hit a specific shot shape on demand.

You tend to 'love' what you hit naturally. If you see the shot, call the shot and play the shot on demand, then you're good value off 10 + IMO

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Thtas 100% correct... And seeing as you have just read right through this thread you'll no doubt have seen how I hit mine.... I'm just wondering how you hit yours...... Being that you keeps things so simple in your game... I find it hard to believe that if you need to play a fade that you don't have a thought process of what to do when a required shot is needed...

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
200x200px-ZC-b2fdb6ac_lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif