Cost Brava Golf

oleinone

Visit site
I'm off to the Costa Brava with son in October. Peralada, Emporda, Toremirona have been recommended - any other thoughts/experiences?

sunshine

Visit site
Didn’t they used to have the European tour school at PGA Catalunya? Not played it but have driven past it and it looks amazing.

Yes that’s right. And it’s hosted the Spanish open a few times too. There are 2 courses there, I’ve only played the tournament course but apparently the other one is decent too.

oleinone

Visit site
Thanks for that.I was rather put off PGA Catalunya by golfers I know saying how long it is. My son is off 12ish and hits a long ball. I'm 70 and my average drive is 180m, 200m is Sunday best. A few years ago we went to play Infinitum and my pro said forget the yellows and play off the reds as he knew the course and that would make the whole experience more enjoyable. A similar approach to PGAC might be the answer.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that.I was rather put off PGA Catalunya by golfers I know saying how long it is. My son is off 12ish and hits a long ball. I'm 70 and my average drive is 180m, 200m is Sunday best. A few years ago we went to play Infinitum and my pro said forget the yellows and play off the reds as he knew the course and that would make the whole experience more enjoyable. A similar approach to PGAC might be the answer.
There is no reason why you and your son couldn’t play off different tees. At the end of the day we do this for “fun”. ? Just play off the tees that are suitable for your ability.