Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep, like some on here I expect his annual reports said “unable/unwilling to follow simple instructions “
Problem is that, as for everything to do with what we can and can’t do in this time of Covid, the simple instructions continue to change, often weekly - even sometimes in a few days, and they vary according to place, circumstance and often the individual responsible for implementing and enforcing the instructions.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Problem is that, as for everything to do with what we can and can’t do in this time of Covid, the simple instructions continue to change, often weekly - even sometimes in a few days, and they vary according to place, circumstance and often the individual responsible for implementing and enforcing the instructions.

Nothing to do with the medical and scientific advice changing on a regular basis too so guidance changing regularly as well to give people the best advice possible. Or perhaps just a different day and a different way to whinge about the government and their decision making

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

It’s taken you all this time to finally get it. As with everything from the weather up, things change and change quickly but, as a good plan never survives first contact with the enemy, flexible response is the answer.

Now I understand that there will always be some who will directly ignore government whoever’s in government but reasonable and responsible people will.

Its up to the individual to decide which category they wish to be in.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Alternatively, they may be looking at Scotland and how it's panning out (pupils and staff already infected in Dundee) and taking a more proactive stance. Of course that wouldn't fit with your anti government, Johnson bashing agenda but maybe, just maybe taking a pragmatic view based on the evidence emerging and changing plans accordingly should be applauded and that should masks in communial areas of school be mandatory they are actually looking after the health of staff and pupils as best as they can while trying to keep schools open and offer the best education possible in the current situation
Kindly explain stating 'No plans to enforce masks in schools' one day, then a complete about face a couple of days later doesn't open BoJo to an accusation of poor 'management'!

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s taken you all this time to finally get it. As with everything from the weather up, things change and change quickly but, as a good plan never survives first contact with the enemy, flexible response is the answer.

Now I understand that there will always be some who will directly ignore government whoever’s in government but reasonable and responsible people will.

Its up to the individual to decide which category they wish to be in.
Is that after days and days of quite clearly stating the policies will not change.;)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that after days and days of quite clearly stating the policies will not change.;)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that this government is not falling over a cliff edge and appears to have a policy and communications set up that nobody can make a case for but not to accept things do change in an ever changing situation seems a bit silly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing to do with the medical and scientific advice changing on a regular basis too so guidance changing regularly as well to give people the best advice possible. Or perhaps just a different day and a different way to whinge about the government and their decision making
Yes it often is. But that does change the fact of what I posted - which is simply that the advice is not consistent and is continually changing. And that simple fact makes it quite hard for any of us to get to grips with and fully understand.

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that this government is not falling over a cliff edge and appears to have a policy and communications set up that nobody can make a case for but not to accept things do change in an ever changing situation seems a bit silly.
And I totally agree, I prefer them or any Party to remain flexible, especially as this situation is unprecedented.

We just need those in power to think before they speak, especially when absolutely stating decisions won’t change.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If they haven't learnt by now that medical and scientific advice CAN change (though I don't believe it has changed that drastically!) and modify the language they use for their pronouncements, then they seriously undermine their competence as 'politicians' imo!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Why don't the English schools/health department's cut out the middle management men and advisors and simply say 'we will just follow on from whatever Nicola does.:eek:

I've heard the current policy in most schools now is to listen to the latest DFe advice and then plan to implement the opposite of what they say. It saves time. ;)

D

Deleted member 21258

Why don't the English schools/health department's cut out the middle management men and advisors and simply say 'we will just follow on from whatever Nicola does.:eek:

Why doesn't Nicola just copy other nations that have used masks in schools for a lot longer.;)

Do you never get bored of blowing smoke up her derriere?

Next you will be saying she has saved the world ;):LOL::LOL:

Her performance has not been great over the virus, lets all be honest, far to many unneeded deaths in Scotland as well.....

Totally agree with Pauls post above, to say we aren't changing and then changing it the following day, looks stupid, un professional, just plan rubbish approach to things (not the first time the government has done that either)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
True enough - and that's exactly what England has done! Scotland/FM initially attempted to ride the challenge by those downgraded, but fairly quickly decided it was better to stay with the School gradings - and let Universities etc sort the mess out! Exactly as England did!

U-Turns all round! No credit to either leader imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.