Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know guidance has changed and Covid is over according to the powers to be... But does anyone feel that on the ground

In our case it seems to be going up. In the last week, I am hearing more cases esp kids at school picking it up (and passing).. HIDs workplace is affected with Parents picking up or having to WFH due to kids being at home. We were to go to Oxford this weekend, but had to cancel as friend’s kid (<12) has got covid ..

So is it going up or down?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know guidance has changed and Covid is over according to the powers to be... But does anyone feel that on the ground

In our case it seems to be going up. In the last week, I am hearing more cases esp kids at school picking it up (and passing).. HIDs workplace is affected with Parents picking up or having to WFH due to kids being at home. We were to go to Oxford this weekend, but had to cancel as friend’s kid (<12) has got covid ..

We have more staff off this week than last

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Its not over until it's over.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well the wife now has Covid - woke up feeling rough , did a LFT and a faint line appeared - the line appeared after about 20mins so she also booked a PCR

I’m still fine , no symptoms and negative on the LFT , shocked really

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems closer than ever at the moment. Cases in my other half's choir have been steadily increasing since their rehearsal at the weekend. She's negative so far but not feeling great - waiting results of a PCR test this morning.

Completely anecdotal, but I think I know more people who've tested positive over the last month than in the entire pandemic prior to that. Happily, haven't heard of anyone with serious symptoms during that period though.

I think that this sums up my experience. Far more people I know have tested positive over the last month but nearly all of them have said that the symptoms were so minor that they would have continued with life as normal if it were not covid.

RichA

Visit site
Between 40-50 kids off with covid at Mrs A's school right now. Back to face to face unmasked parents' evenings next week. 2 hours of non-stop 5 minute meetings, all parents and teachers in the same room like a massive speed date.
I expect some of the teachers and parents are looking forward to it even less than usual.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have more staff off this week than last

Same at the HID's clinic.

Looks like our neighbour father-son have tested positive. Father is having a lie in while he gets the son to wash the cars!!
Half of the kids footy team now not available for weekend matches.

As mentioned earlier, there seems to be far more positive tests than 'normal'.. It may jump next week as schools go mask-less starting today.

Have been jumped the gun to ease the masking rules?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
At the Test centre today and one of the driving examiners, who had COVID just before Xmas, took my pupil out.
She looked like she was still having a really hard time with it a month on...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Same at the HID's clinic.

Looks like our neighbour father-son have tested positive. Father is having a lie in while he gets the son to wash the cars!!
Half of the kids footy team now not available for weekend matches.

As mentioned earlier, there seems to be far more positive tests than 'normal'.. It may jump next week as schools go mask-less starting today.

Have been jumped the gun to ease the masking rules?

I am concerned we may have jumped the gun and wonder whether the expected spike post Christmas and the new year has simply taken longer to manifest. As well as Covid we seem to be having a bug going round with sore throats, headaches etc so very similar to Covid but all laterals and PCR's coming through negative

Leftitshort

Visit site
I am concerned we may have jumped the gun and wonder whether the expected spike post Christmas and the new year has simply taken longer to manifest. As well as Covid we seem to be having a bug going round with sore throats, headaches etc so very similar to Covid but all laterals and PCR's coming through negative
Better lockdown if there is a cold going around!!! My little boy has a runny nose. I’m locking him in the shed for 2 weeks, can’t be too careful