Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don’t disagree at all, I was only speaking from a personal point of view. Looking at the wider optic it’s a complete disaster for the Government as they’ll now have large numbers who might well have followed the rules who now just don’t care as why should they if those who make the rules don’t. You only have to listen to a radio phone in for an hour or so to know that those types of feeling aren’t a minority.
Agreed - but the comment I was going to make would be deemed 'too political', even by me!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not altogether true. A number in and ventilated at the moment are double vaxxed and relatively young - one with no underlying co-morbidities. I have come to the conclusion that covid survival and how severely you get it is a roll of the dice. The hardest part is seeing the effect it has on the patient, including the long term damage, and to the families is why I get so annoyed with people flouting a simple request to put a mask on. Not that great a hardship and surely now is the time to be compliant rather than risk starting 2022 in lockdown
Forgive me, but I thought you were in Admin/HR area of RBH. Am I wrong?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not altogether true. A number in and ventilated at the moment are double vaxxed and relatively young - one with no underlying co-morbidities. I have come to the conclusion that covid survival and how severely you get it is a roll of the dice. The hardest part is seeing the effect it has on the patient, including the long term damage, and to the families is why I get so annoyed with people flouting a simple request to put a mask on. Not that great a hardship and surely now is the time to be compliant rather than risk starting 2022 in lockdown
Re the bold bit. Please explain why you have come to this conclusion. Is it based on this one patient?

D-S

Visit site
The actions of others (in this case those in charge) maybe confirms my, and others’, suspicions about them and their like, but in no way makes their actions acceptable or even more so actions that can now suddenly be followed. If they all were caught drink driving, in no way would this see an upsurge in people mimicing them because it would suddenly seem acceptable. This seems a poor stick to beat them with, there are many better that would be more effective.
I believe the public are very accepting of necessary restrictions and have had no problems so far but there will be a tipping point if those in authority cry wolf too often.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I don’t disagree at all, I was only speaking from a personal point of view. Looking at the wider optic it’s a complete disaster for the Government as they’ll now have large numbers who might well have followed the rules who now just don’t care as why should they if those who make the rules don’t. You only have to listen to a radio phone in for an hour or so to know that those types of feeling aren’t a minority.

Well, Einstein was right then!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?? | NEW: Covid-19 regulations being drawn up by the Government:

➡️ 2 week circuit breaker after Xmas
➡️ Indoor mixing banned
➡️ Pubs and restaurants outdoors only
➡️ Rule of 6 outdoors to return
➡️ Schools and shops will remain open

Via @thetimes

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just watching the PDC World Darts Championship, a seething mass of drink fuelled spectators chanting and singing in close proximity. I'm sure it's an enjoyable day if you are so minded, but I can't imagine events such as this are helpful in the current climate.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had booster already booked for next week but got a text from Dr surgery this morning saying appointments available so come on down. Half an hour later all boosted up with Moderna (had AZ for the first two). Its not often I praise our GP but this was superbly choreographed. Hopefully side effects won't be too bad as I've got a 4am start tomorrow:cry::rolleyes::coffee:

D

Deleted member 15344

?? | NEW: Covid-19 regulations being drawn up by the Government:

➡️ 2 week circuit breaker after Xmas
➡️ Indoor mixing banned
➡️ Pubs and restaurants outdoors only
➡️ Rule of 6 outdoors to return
➡️ Schools and shops will remain open

Via @thetimes

So pretty much just screws the hospitality trade once again

Why tell everyone to get double jabbed and boosted only to them ramp up the restrictions based on a “model”

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe the 170,000 new cases in the last 2 days may have a bearing on their decision.
we will never be out of any lockdown if it’s just about cases then ?

The level of testing has significantly increased so the case numbers will be higher but levels in hospitals and deaths are lower than this time last year when we went into lockdown

They have pushed the vaccine which they state reduces the affect of the virus but doesn’t stop transmission - why should people bother with the vaccine then when they tell us it’s the key to less restrictions

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This suggests that the the rise in cases is largely driven by the huge amount of testing we are doing. Far more than anywhere else in Europe. Positivity rate hasn’t changed at all over the last month or so.

View attachment 40017

This gives you an idea of our present testing, we’re up to around 19 tests per 1,000 people which is roughly 1.3m tests per day. That’s where the sudden increase in cases is coming from.

46D1AD9F-27C6-4445-9DBE-B102E1E55E1A.jpeg