Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There is a skill. There are different techniques but it is a pretty fine needle, so grab some skin and muscle and quick jab rather than gently push it in is probably best. Not too deep, either, can penetrate the shoulder capsule in people with skinny deltoids. Blood tests usually use wider needles.

I had my 2 x Pfizer (booster in Nov, probs) from a nurse and a GP and barely felt either.

When I give blood, they use a thing the size of a knitting needle :eek::oops::cry:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I was in the junior first aid team at the pit, we watched the seniors inject water so they could have there morphine certification for underground use. You had to give it and receive it. One of the lads was nervous and tried twice to inject the small needle. Both times he failed yet drew blood. At the third attempt the bloke on the consultation couch jumped of and yelled “ no f in chance am not an Efin dartboard”. We were crying with laughter.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

When they can't avoid it and public opinion starts moving towards reintroducing some restrictions. I think masks in indoor public areas, shops/pubs etc, will be the first thing brought back followed by working from home. Don't think we'll see another full lockdown again.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When they can't avoid it and public opinion starts moving towards reintroducing some restrictions. I think masks in indoor public areas, shops/pubs etc, will be the first thing brought back followed by working from home. Don't think we'll see another full lockdown again.

Blooming hope not. I mean loads of people didn't stick to it

Those with genuine reasons to be out were judged by everyone

Everyone turned into an expert

Just stick Netflix's on and ignore what everyone else is doing you nosey parkers

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blooming hope not. I mean loads of people didn't stick to it

Those with genuine reasons to be out were judged by everyone

Everyone turned into an expert

Just stick Netflix's on and ignore what everyone else is doing you nosey parkers

The people that amuse me are the ones that say that they won't abide by a future lockdown that could possibly be introduced. As if they are going to have any choice. Are they planning to go and sit outside closed pubs and restaurants and try to order drinks or a meal? Or they going to turn up outside of closed gyms and try to gain access? How exactly are they going to refuse to abide by the lockdown if everywhere is closed?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The people that amuse me are the ones that say that they won't abide by a future lockdown that could possibly be introduced. As if they are going to have any choice. Are they planning to go and sit outside closed pubs and restaurants and try to order drinks or a meal? Or they going to turn up outside of closed gyms and try to gain access? How exactly are they going to refuse to abide by the lockdown if everywhere is closed?

If there is a lockdown though what was the point of the vaccine roll out? You might as well tell the hospitality industry that they’re done, shut up shop and do something else unless they’re going to be financially supported every winter.

Obviously I won’t be able to go to the pub if they’re closed but I won’t stop seeing friends and family indoors in the coming months.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Go to tesco 5 times a day

D

Deleted member 15344

My work are looking to get everyone back into the office for a couple days a week- no issues for me , until they then decided that it’s tues and wed - so everyone will be in those two days only , no flexibility to pick days so that the offices don’t have too many in - will just take the one person to get Covid

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
……vaccine passports for live music, sports and pubs.

Isn’t the evidence that regardless of vax vs unvaxxed the transmission rates are comparable. The only person the unvaxxed are hurting are themselves so vaccine passports aren’t actually helpful in any way.

4LEX

Visit site
Isn’t the evidence that regardless of vax vs unvaxxed the transmission rates are comparable. The only person the unvaxxed are hurting are themselves so vaccine passports aren’t actually helpful in any way.

I don't think that's the case. Vaccines reduce transmission, the only issue up for debate is by how much. It varies by the different vaccine but 40-60% is widely accepted. As the data emerges in Europe the benefit in jabbing kids to stop tranmission is looking like another game changer.

Most people with common sense and a brain have been double jabbed, why not ban the unvaxxed who are increasing transmission and show no care to blocking up hospitals? These are the people who are putting most of our freedom back at risk. Schools should be no jab, no admission for pupils when everyone has been offered the jab.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

''A large study, not yet peer-reviewed, led by a team at Oxford University and looking specifically at the Delta variant has shown that both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines do indeed reduce transmission of the disease.''

'https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...us-vaccines-prevent-transmission-of-the-virus

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
''A large study, not yet peer-reviewed, led by a team at Oxford University and looking specifically at the Delta variant has shown that both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines do indeed reduce transmission of the disease.''

'https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...us-vaccines-prevent-transmission-of-the-virus

“Three months after having the AstraZeneca vaccine, those who had breakthrough infections were just as likely to spread the Delta variant as the unvaccinated. While protection against transmission decreased in people who had received the Pfizer vaccine.”

Not unless we’re going to start jabbing people every 6 months though.

I accept the argument that those not having the vaccine are more likely to get seriously ill and therefore put more strain on the NHS however I personally don’t believe there should be mandated vaccine passports.