Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Scotland doing something right:
View attachment 39087
School / teenager related? Scottish schools went back earlier, covid has gone through them and things are settling down. English and Welsh schools are a few weeks behind. I think, from recent news comments, that most numbers at the moment are in younger people and so this would fit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
School / teenager related? Scottish schools went back earlier, covid has gone through them and things are settling down. English and Welsh schools are a few weeks behind. I think, from recent news comments, that most numbers at the moment are in younger people and so this would fit.
…and mask wearing in indoor public spaces\shops\stores\hospitality etc is still mandatory. Well it was a few weeks ago and haven’t heard that being dropped.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
…and mask wearing in indoor public spaces\shops\stores\hospitality etc is still mandatory. Well it was a few weeks ago and haven’t heard that being dropped.

Then why are most stores carrying notices that it is now your choice? Premier Inn at the weekend said that, Halfords acknowledged that it was your choice but said they prefer you to wear one to protect their staff. Their staff however seemed exempt from wearing one to protect the customers...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Then why are most stores carrying notices that it is now your choice? Premier Inn at the weekend said that, Halfords acknowledged that it was your choice but said they prefer you to wear one to protect their staff. Their staff however seemed exempt from wearing one to protect the customers...
Not in Scotland they aren’t…and I was talking about Scotland given the comment another poster made about Scotland must be doing something different/better.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It didn't stop the spike that has occurred though, which was significant, so we don't know yet how much impact the mask wearing has. England and Wales are at a different point on the curve, you can only compare when they are at equivalent points.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It didn't stop the spike that has occurred though, which was significant, so we don't know yet how much impact the mask wearing has. England and Wales are at a different point on the curve, you can only compare when they are at equivalent points.

I would tend to agree, throughout this the different regions (and even countries) have reached different points at different times. Scotland had their schools go back and despite the mandated mask wearing had a significant increase in cases. We took out the need for masks (in all circumstances) and didn't have a particular spike but it was summer and schools were off so we're now just starting to feel the affects whilst Scotland are further along the curve.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Mask wearing was never a panacea. Few of the measures outside vaccination are, and even that is a qualified description of vaccination. But added together, they have a combined effect. You don't know what the spike would have been had one element been changed. This was one of the problems of throwing away all the lockdown measures at once - it was hard to say what the effect of any individual one was.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Havering opened up walk ins for those double jabbed before 24th April ..

21st for me so I'll be down there

Bit odd.. my dad got invited last week.. he had his second jab 22nd April .. we both got txts same time (diff drs) however I've not been invited for a booster .. even tho I had day before.. I checked with Dr I am getting one they just can't book people on until 6 months after. Dunno how my dad's drs managed it

Oh well I'll go walk in tomorrow and that will solve that

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not in Scotland they aren’t…and I was talking about Scotland given the comment another poster made about Scotland must be doing something different/better.
The trouble is so many people are ignoring the mask rule in Scotland and the stores aren't enforcing it. I went into a Starbucks in Hamilton yesterday, and of the four people queuing for coffee, I was the only one wearing a mask. And I see the same in shops all over.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it’s down to the person doing it. 1st one I was aware off, 2nd one was done before I expected her doing it, this one was a little more noticeable.

There is a skill to needles. When I have a blood test each year, there is one nurse who can be chatting away and then suddenly let me know it is all done (I look away) and I never even feel it. Others are, shall we say, not at that skill level and I am sure then can make it hurt more if you have annoyed them somehow :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a skill to needles. When I have a blood test each year, there is one nurse who can be chatting away and then suddenly let me know it is all done (I look away) and I never even feel it. Others are, shall we say, not at that skill level and I am sure then can make it hurt more if you have annoyed them somehow :)

There is a skill. There are different techniques but it is a pretty fine needle, so grab some skin and muscle and quick jab rather than gently push it in is probably best. Not too deep, either, can penetrate the shoulder capsule in people with skinny deltoids. Blood tests usually use wider needles.

I had my 2 x Pfizer (booster in Nov, probs) from a nurse and a GP and barely felt either.